Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil_2099 View Post
    Because you have only one physical disk drive with two partitions, the factory restore DVD will erase everything on both partitions. The DVDs will format both the primary partition and the logical drive. You will not get an option to choose which one to keep and which one to erase.
    Then how can i choose my D drive as the OS and run by the system?! Something like D drive has the program file/program filex86/ windows folder all that & my C drive doesn't want.

Edit: When both C drive & D drive are formatted, will the D drive became primary partition? or still remain the same like logical partition.
    Last edited by Hydroxide; 06-15-2012 at 05:52 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I should have been clearer in my previous post. Both partitions on the hard drive get removed during the restore process (that is what I meant when I said the DVDs will format both the primary partition and logical drive) so you won't get to choose which partition to restore to because they won't exist anymore.

Depending on which option you choose during the recovery process, the recovery process will then create a new partition for the OS. Depending on the option you may end up with only a C: drive partition, or you may end up with a C: OS partition and a D: Data partition. If you end up with the latter, you can resize the C: OS partition to be larger from inside Windows Disk Management.
    Last edited by Cecil_2099; 06-15-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
    Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
    Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

ROG Member Array

Okay thanks. Can i ask? What's the latest version of AI recovery? because whenever i insert a clean DVD, after awhile it rejected from burning. Can i know why i cant burn? what's the minimum size of dvd requirement? My Dvd is maxell DVD+R 4.7GB data. Does this DVD works? or this not working?? sorry for the ask. i'm noobie
    Last edited by Hydroxide; 06-15-2012 at 10:48 AM.

The latest version of AI Recovery (at least for the G75) is 1.0.24.

When you say "whenever i insert a clean DVD, after awhile it rejected from burning." Do you mean it burns then ejects and ask you for another blank DVD? If so, then this is normal. Please understand that you will need more than one DVD. The program will tell you how many DVDs you need. For my G75 I needed three DVDs and for the G55 I hear it needs five DVDs.

The size and type of DVD media should not matter and it should work with the DVDs you have listed.
    G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:

ROG Member Array

The latest version of AI Recovery (at least for the G75) is 1.0.24.

When you say "whenever i insert a clean DVD, after awhile it rejected from burning." Do you mean it burns then ejects and ask you for another blank DVD? If so, then this is normal. Please understand that you will need more than one DVD. The program will tell you how many DVDs you need. For my G75 I needed three DVDs and for the G55 I hear it needs five DVDs.

The size and type of DVD media should not matter and it should work with the DVDs you have listed.
    I have error after that. they say please insert DVD-1. then not more then 4% it come out the error again. Some Asus require more then 4 DVD.

The AI Recovery tool stores a temporary image of all the DVDs on your C: drive before burning. From the image you posted previously, you only have 10 GB of free space on the C: drive. If your AI Recovery tool says you need more than 4 DVDs then that's at least 13 GB of data right there. Try uninstalling programs and moving data to the D: drive in the mean time so you can free up at least 25 GB of free space and see if that helps.

ROG Member Array

The AI Recovery tool stores a temporary image of all the DVDs on your C: drive before burning. From the image you posted previously, you only have 10 GB of free space on the C: drive. If your AI Recovery tool says you need more than 4 DVDs then that's at least 13 GB of data right there. Try uninstalling programs and moving data to the D: drive in the mean time so you can free up at least 25 GB of free space and see if that helps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ai error.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	9294 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ai error.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	9295 This is what the errors says.. the ai recovery tool stores temp image to D drive. I don't want to waste my DVD anymore. please help.
    Last edited by Hydroxide; 06-15-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Does your AI Recovery program give you the option to create DVD ISOs? If so, then you can creat the ISOs first and use a standalone DVD burning software or standalone ISO burning software (like ImgBurn) to burn the ISOs to disc.

Source:
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us

ROG Member Array

No, they do not give me any options. could you teach me how to use the imgburn? sorry i'm quite noobies. it's quite complicated for this program.

Read the forum thread that I linked to in my previous post. The last post in that thread explains how a user found the work-around. Specifically:

"Solved:
    I downloaded and installed imgburn. I restarted the AI Recovery Utility from the ASUS program group and initiated the process to create recovery DVDs. When prompted to insert the first blank DVD, I copied the 3 iso images to another folder. I used imgburn to burn the 3 recovery DVDs without error."

So go to http://www.imgburn.com/ to download ImgBurn.

Click on the "Guides" link and read the directions and look through their forums.

This link is a good step-by-step on how to use it to burn an image: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61

It's pretty straightforward really not that hard to use. You can also search Google on how to use it.
    Last edited by Cecil_2099; 06-15-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added link to guide

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast