cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clock interupt not recieved

cryptz
Level 7
I have been battling this bsod for a little while now. I have honestly let it go because i know how to avoid it but i thought i would post.

My system is overclocked and i am using the intel speed stepping technology. I only encounter this bsod when playing starcraft2. It only happends when I am idle after a game. So essentially i can play for 8 hours straight no problem. If i finish a game and let the pc idle at the main menu of the game it will eventually reboot with the clock interupt not recieved error.

I suspect maybe the system is being throttled down but then something in the game spikes it and my voltage is out of range. The pc idles fine when not idling in SC2 so I am not sure. It could potentially be an issue with my ati drivers but i suspect it is a voltage issue. I wasnt sure what the typical cause for that error is. It is prime stable and really stable in every aspect but the one outlined above.
Asus RIV Extreme
3960x
32 GB .Skill 2133 ripjaws (F3-1700CL9Q2-32GBZH)
WC 7970
Ocz Revodrive 3 x2
AX1200 PSU
Custom Water Loop
Build Pics
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
if it was x101 then usually this is a vcore issue.

For BSOD troubleshooting: http://www.overclock.net/t/935829/the-overclockers-bsod-code-list

It may be idle voltage dips too low just here.

is there anyway to increase vcore at idle without increasing it at full load?
Asus RIV Extreme
3960x
WC 7970
Ocz Revodrive 3 x2
AX1200 PSU
Custom Water Loop
Build Pics

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I don't think so. You are running offset I presume. if not your idle voltage will not be dropping and my comment is null and void. If you are the only thing you could try is to see if raising VTT/ VCCSA a bit will allow you to change offset value a bit and remain stable. Worth a tinker...

yes i am running offset. its a shame there is no way to just bump the idle voltage or specify a max voltage. Both would be great.
Asus RIV Extreme
3960x
WC 7970
Ocz Revodrive 3 x2
AX1200 PSU
Custom Water Loop
Build Pics