cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do 'We' think of the New Asus TaiChi?

chrsplmr
Level 18
Mr. Shih .... Presenting the TaiChi ... he kills me. Cudos Sir.c.

1920x1080 screen.
13 REPLIES 13

xeromist
It doesn't fit my usage patterns but I hope it does well with people torn between tablet and ultra light.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Granger
Level 10
Looks pretty cool, now all they need to do is to combine the Padphone and the TaiChi and they will have a pretty perfect multi purpose tool.

Granger wrote:
Looks pretty cool, now all they need to do is to combine the Padphone and the TaiChi and they will have a pretty perfect multi purpose tool.

Now why the heck would they do that? add all that extra tech into it and the sucker is gonna weigh a tonne. The PadPhone is great as it is, i'm gonna upgrade my phone to it when it lands in Aus in August.

Personally, I don't think we'll see this unit past concept.

It's a really cool concept but I'm not sure if it's something that will sell well.

I also don't think if it ever comes out we'll see it in the US market.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

fuzon1337
Level 10
I'm very impressed by the new Asus Hybrid notebook 🙂

It makes me think, if it was possible, change the screen on my G73 and get a screen on both sides on it :cool: 😄
It would be so awesome.... besides of the thickness as a "tablet" 😛
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

chrsplmr
Level 18
... and that's 1920x1080.... early reports ive read say... 11" and 13" models.

Yes indeed .. what next ? yum.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Shawnnepc... Welcome to ROG.

I hope your wrong Sir. I can think of Thousands of practical
uses for this. (Pharma Reps for one.)
And the Turn-the-Laptop-into-a-Tablet crowd have been around
for years ..(hpT1000, Lifebooks..ect..) and these are ultra light ...
a second 'screen' adds almost no weight... almost.

Of course my idea of 'portable' has a HDprojector on a helmet,
a 50lb. backpack and mouse/keyboard gloves.. hahaha .c.

You know, this is what the Transformer Prime should have been...and where ASUS has always wanted to go. It will kick the iPad...like that thing compares with the Transformer? I would take a few bets that the TaiChi will sell better than Microsoft's own slate. Theirs will be so hard to use with the rubber keyboard, and the ASUS will be just about perfect. Maybe a 9-10 inch model to replace ASUS netbooks?

@chrsplmr, you never cease to entertain me. I just love your sense of humor. 🙂 Keep it up matey!
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Actually Zyg the IPad 3 is a big competitor for the Transformer prime. Now before anyone starts thinking im an apple fanboy my PC is custom built by yours truly, my phone is a Galaxy S and I own 2 Transformer Primes. Personally I find the prime to be better but I work in IT so that generally goes without saying. However a lot of people and you can look at the reviews if you don't believe me favour the Pad 3. The Slate will be the only thing that can stop Windows 8 from going the way of Vista.

As for the TaiChi though I like it, I can see it being very useful as a PoS device and it may make Win 8 a bit of a success for Microsoft. I can see this doing quite well.