cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longevity on Asus G75 with GTX670m

merkavamk5
Level 7
Hello

As stated in the topic, how many years will this system last me? I'm a familyman and a moderate gamer, I mostly play mmos and rpgs ( games I look forward to - torchlight 2, gw2, borderlands2)
3 REPLIES 3

X-ROG
Level 15
It's hard to say what the future will hold, but traditionally most RPGs and MMOs have been lighter on the gaming requirements. Should be fine for ~3 years and it should also be Win 8 compatible using the latest hardware. The only upgrade worth considering in that time is an SSD in one of the HDD bays I would suggest. Their prices are coming down continually.

Thanks for the reply

Just my final question - the G75 with gtx 670m - is it possible to upgrade this gpu down the road? or is it soldered to the motherboard?

merkavamk5 wrote:
Thanks for the reply

Just my final question - the G75 with gtx 670m - is it possible to upgrade this gpu down the road? or is it soldered to the motherboard?

Any of the G75VWs can be "theoretically" upgraded at some point ... not soldered ... some high end customizing places may offer upgrade paths eventually. As far as I know the G55's are not theoretically upgradeable.