Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    317

    im talking about the mobile models. and the 2X00K's are the over clocking model. and no only the 2960xm and 2920xm are overclockable.


    Oh and Dstrakele your thinking about the G55.

    I'll try running 3DM11 and see what happens.
    Last edited by Holy; 06-07-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    G75vw DS71
    3610QM I7
    16GB Ram 1600mhz
    750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
    Nvidia gtx 660m
    Purple Keyboard mod
    Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

  2. #12
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    317

    Memory
    2048 MB
    Core clock
    405 MHz
    Memory clock
    2500 MHz

    my logging software says it hit other wise lol.
    Gpu shader hit: 1900
    Gpu geometry hit: 950
    memmory hit:2500
    max temp: 61C



    remember there are no updated drivers for the kelper gt/gtx mobile.
    Last edited by Holy; 06-07-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    G75vw DS71
    3610QM I7
    16GB Ram 1600mhz
    750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
    Nvidia gtx 660m
    Purple Keyboard mod
    Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Reputation
    89
    Posts
    4,437

    Does ThrottleStop change 660M behavior?
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

  4. #14
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    244

    I just dl'd the new 304.48 driver at nvidia.com for the GTX660M and it wont install either. This is getting pathetic. ROG has definitely lost it's luster with me. Man, I may as well just went and bought a bargin bin lappy. This G75VW isnt doing anymore for me than the POS Acer it replaced.
    Last edited by xmanrigger; 06-20-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    GUTS: Rampage IV Formula (4004) / Intel 3930K / 16GB Dominator Platinum 2400mhz / Corsair NeutronGT 240GB SSD / 2X EVGA GTX680 4GB 2-Way SLI / Corsair AX1200i PSU / Genesis 9000B Case

    WATER: Watercool HeatKiller REV3.0 - CPU / 2X Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 - GPUs / 1X XSPC RX240 rad / 1X EK Coolstream 480 rad / XSPC Dual Rez / MCP355 Pumps / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    29
    Posts
    373

    rather than complaining i suggest you either return it and get a new one or try msi or sager, their cooling systems are hardly worthy of being called a gaming laptop, though, not to mention i know from experience that theyre rife with problems. the g75 is the only laptop in the price range that is worth a damn. if you want to spend 5k you can get an alienware m18x or a falcon nw drx, but imo, the g75 is comparable to those. This is a notebook, not a custom built rig, people buy them for mobility, of course you are going to make a few sacrifices but all in all, i am pretty happy with mine, and find myself playing on it more often than my watercooled desktop rig. you cant relax in a recliner with a desktop while watching tv and playing bf3 at the same time.
    ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    244

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsl1ce View Post
    rather than complaining i suggest you either return it and get a new one or try msi or sager, their cooling systems are hardly worthy of being called a gaming laptop, though, not to mention i know from experience that theyre rife with problems. the g75 is the only laptop in the price range that is worth a damn. if you want to spend 5k you can get an alienware m18x or a falcon nw drx, but imo, the g75 is comparable to those. This is a notebook, not a custom built rig, people buy them for mobility, of course you are going to make a few sacrifices but all in all, i am pretty happy with mine, and find myself playing on it more often than my watercooled desktop rig. you cant relax in a recliner with a desktop while watching tv and playing bf3 at the same time.
    Go pound it dude. I will complain all I want when it comes to my money. Get a new one? Are you retarded? Didnt I just say the drivers dont work? It is too late to bring the pile back. It was some time since I bought it that i actually got down to doing anything with it. Reason? Hoping there would be a decent VGA driver for it. Now, I have waited another three weeks and still no f****** driver.
    And no. I am not even the least interseted in spending 5k on a lappy. Look at my sig. That is what I game on. And no I dont watch TV and game. Most people do one or the other. I bought the G75 so I can game when on the road. Otherwise, the Acer I had was doing just fine.
    No **** this isnt a custom built rig dude, and ya, I bought it for mobility. All I wanted was a good video card and a decent CPU. I got a decent CPU in the G75, but a bunk video card. Furthermore, if you prefer to game on the G75 rather than your water cooled desktop, you should have spent the money upgrading your desktop.
    GUTS: Rampage IV Formula (4004) / Intel 3930K / 16GB Dominator Platinum 2400mhz / Corsair NeutronGT 240GB SSD / 2X EVGA GTX680 4GB 2-Way SLI / Corsair AX1200i PSU / Genesis 9000B Case

    WATER: Watercool HeatKiller REV3.0 - CPU / 2X Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 - GPUs / 1X XSPC RX240 rad / 1X EK Coolstream 480 rad / XSPC Dual Rez / MCP355 Pumps / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    29
    Posts
    373

    Quote Originally Posted by xmanrigger View Post
    Go pound it dude. I will complain all I want when it comes to my money. Get a new one? Are you retarded? Didnt I just say the drivers dont work? It is too late to bring the pile back. It was some time since I bought it that i actually got down to doing anything with it. Reason? Hoping there would be a decent VGA driver for it. Now, I have waited another three weeks and still no f****** driver.
    And no. I am not even the least interseted in spending 5k on a lappy. Look at my sig. That is what I game on. And no I dont watch TV and game. Most people do one or the other. I bought the G75 so I can game when on the road. Otherwise, the Acer I had was doing just fine.
    No **** this isnt a custom built rig dude, and ya, I bought it for mobility. All I wanted was a good video card and a decent CPU. I got a decent CPU in the G75, but a bunk video card. Furthermore, if you prefer to game on the G75 rather than your water cooled desktop, you should have spent the money upgrading your desktop.
    if you waited too long to test your notebook then this is on you. knowing that most electronics are being built by starving kids in china suffering from dysentary, diarrhea & whatnot nowadays, the first thing you should have done is test it thouroughly with the applications of your choosing including a stress test w/ furmark. I do this with any computer that I buy and so should everyone else. the problems youre having are something most intelligent people would notice right away and get a replacement. anyways, i was just making a suggestion, its not up to me to educate someone like you. I dont need to brag to you about how much money i spent on my gaming desktop, and beyond that, most people on this forum arent asus employees, we take time out of our lives to help people, so please, take your rediculous attitude elsewhere.
    Last edited by kiba; 06-21-2012 at 04:40 AM.
    ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

  8. #18
    TeamROG Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    260

    ASUS is aware of the problem with the latest beta driver and the laptop and are working with NVIDIA to resolve it.

  9. #19
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    244

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsl1ce View Post
    if you waited too long to test your notebook then this is on you. knowing that most electronics are being built by starving kids in china suffering from dysentary, diarrhea & whatnot nowadays, the first thing you should have done is test it thouroughly with the applications of your choosing including a stress test w/ furmark. I do this with any computer that I buy and so should everyone else. the problems youre having are something most intelligent people would notice right away and get a replacement. anyways, i was just making a suggestion, its not up to me to educate someone like you. I dont need to brag to you about how much money i spent on my gaming desktop, and beyond that, most people on this forum arent asus employees, we take time out of our lives to help people, so please, take your rediculous attitude elsewhere.
    As I said, go pound it. I didnt wait too long to tests the notebook. Cant you read? I waited another 3 weeks hoping Asus and nvidia would get their **** together and get a decent driver available. This has nothing to do with starving children, moron. Fail. Most intelligent people? I did notice it right away. Read the f***ing thread. Fail. What is a replacement going to do? It isnt the machine moron, it is the f***ing video driver Asus and nvidia have failed to produce. Thus, gimping a potentialy fast card I thought I was getting.

    "I dont need to brag to you about how much money i spent on my gaming desktop" Please dont. A pair of 560's in a desktop is hardly something to brag about. And that was an upgrade? Lemme guess, by the looks of the name of your rig, your water cooling is a drop in jobbie. I wouldnt brag a whole bunch about that either. And who doesnt overclock a 2600K? Why else would you buy it? Otherwise, get an X58. Uber fail.

    "most people on this forum arent asus employees, we take time out of our lives to help people" Yes, and if you took the time to help rather than offer a comment from the turnip patch, we would be having this discussion. Ya, fail again.

    "not up to me to educate someone like you"
    Again, by the name of your rig, you cant build quat. So who are you going to educate about what? If you only knew dude.

    "take your rediculous attitude elsewhere." You must be one of the biggest fanboys here. ****weed. Ya, it is ridiculous to be pissed of because I just spent $1500 on a lappy that dont work proper. Oooow, a ROG lappy at that. If people dont voice their frustrations, s**t dont get done. What planet are you from? Ridiculously failed.

    Go troll somewhere else.
    GUTS: Rampage IV Formula (4004) / Intel 3930K / 16GB Dominator Platinum 2400mhz / Corsair NeutronGT 240GB SSD / 2X EVGA GTX680 4GB 2-Way SLI / Corsair AX1200i PSU / Genesis 9000B Case

    WATER: Watercool HeatKiller REV3.0 - CPU / 2X Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 - GPUs / 1X XSPC RX240 rad / 1X EK Coolstream 480 rad / XSPC Dual Rez / MCP355 Pumps / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

  10. #20
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    29
    Posts
    373

    you seem like a very angry person, my problem was with your attitude, not what you posted about. im not going yto sit here and pick apart posts like you, because youre obviously a small minded fool who has far too much time on his hands, and no matter what i say, you will most likely continue to argue w/ me. what i will do is direct you to a link that might be of some use to you.

    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...d-manners.html

    btw the case is the only alienware part of my desktop left after the mobo failed and i rebuilt it, (besides the new alienware mobo) i kept it because the power supply still works and my gf likes the flashing lights. Im guessing "If you only knew dude." is meant to mean that i should be impressed by you in some way, although anyone who puts his/her mind to it can build rigs (taking apart & repasting a laptop is much harder)... not to mention im not sure why you keep bringing up my or your desktop rigs in a thread about your laptop. anyways, good luck w/ the trolling, you can reply to this if you want (and im sure you will), but im done with this thread.
    Last edited by kiba; 06-21-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •