cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video playback via hdmi on= juddery video output and no audio on TV ??

imbloodyskintag
Level 8
Watched a movie off laptop on our tv lastnight and the video was very juddery, like 1-2seconds of video were missing, every few seconds or so ?
Yet,
Watching the same movie just now on on only the laptop, its is perfect.
Also,
The hdmi audio output didnt work until I selected S/PDIF as the audio output?

Anyone else have these problems ?
4 REPLIES 4

iluvatar
Level 7
Could it be that your laptop was running on battery? I'm not sure how much the performance drops once you run on battery, but if it was a full HD movie it could cause some stuttering. Do the tv and laptop have the same resolution?

iluvatar wrote:
Could it be that your laptop was running on battery? I'm not sure how much the performance drops once you run on battery, but if it was a full HD movie it could cause some stuttering. Do the tv and laptop have the same resolution?

Hi,
Yes was on battery, but having just run a few scenes of the movie on the laptop only, for 5mins each and run on battery the video was stutter free.
TV is a top of the line 2011 model and running my old dell though it doesnt have any video stutter and no audio issues??

iluvatar
Level 7
So you're saying that when you connect your old laptop to the tv the video plays without a problem. But with your asus it doesn't?
Which asus laptop do you have? What is the resolution and fps rate of the movie and what video player are you using?
Also on what setting do you set your tv? With my tv i have to set input PC, to have the best result. If you set it to hdmi in, there might be issues.

iluvatar wrote:
So you're saying that when you connect your old laptop to the tv the video plays without a problem. But with your asus it doesn't?
Which asus laptop do you have? What is the resolution and fps rate of the movie and what video player are you using?
Also on what setting do you set your tv? With my tv i have to set input PC, to have the best result. If you set it to hdmi in, there might be issues.

Hi mate,
Thanks for the response and sorry for the late reply,
YES and YES,
G74SX 3DE,
Res = ? Fps = ?
Connected to the pc/hdmi input.

Now,
While I havent retested yet, I THINK the issue may have well been due to the player being set to 3d nvidia display instead of auto detect display???