Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I also have a G55. while playing games i ran hardware monitor on the background. later i found that the max
    temperature for the GPU is also around 80C.

I've also overclocked my graphic card. Could this be a problem with the fans since i've never actually heard them running at full speed

ROG Enthusiast Array

hey guys i just ran furmark 1.10.1 on my G55VW using the burn-in test at 1920 x 1080 for 15 min

i got 1089 for my burn-score and the highest temp was 80 degrees

all this was done under P4G high performance setting, (i've changed it a bit from the default setting so that it will shift back and froth from 80~100% instead of staying at 100% all the time)

and i did not OC the gpu either. (Although according to EVGA precision, this 660m card apparently has a boost feature that boosts the core clock up to around 930 under demand..i am assuming this goes for all 660m cards)

anyways is this result considered normal?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Guido7142's Avatar

Yes, 660m has a turbo frequency. At least my G75 has 950MHz of turbo, any overclock adds to this turbo frequency. I was able to reach +135 in core what is equal to 1085MHz in total. +135 appears to be the limit since I have not been able to find any software that would let me go beyond that. EVGA Precision limits me to max of +135.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by skyrider View Post
    hey guys i just ran furmark 1.10.1 on my G55VW using the burn-in test at 1920 x 1080 for 15 min

i got 1089 for my burn-score and the highest temp was 80 degrees

all this was done under P4G high performance setting, (i've changed it a bit from the default setting so that it will shift back and froth from 80~100% instead of staying at 100% all the time)
    and i did not OC the gpu either. (Although according to EVGA precision, this 660m card apparently has a boost feature that boosts the core clock up to around 930 under demand..i am assuming this goes for all 660m cards)

anyways is this result considered norm
    al?
    same results here is this normal?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Arvinaaaaa View Post
    same results here is this normal?
    i sure hope it is. no guarantees or anything but the more i search through the forums

the more i am convinced that this is at least around normal...as long as you haven't applied new thermal paste yourself

i sure hope it is. no guarantees or anything but the more i search through the forums

the more i am convinced that this is at least around normal...as long as you haven't applied new thermal paste yourself
    should we add new thermal paste? sadly, it will avoid the warranty

ROG Enthusiast Array

should we add new thermal paste? sadly, it will avoid the warranty
    yeah =/ i am currently in process of contacting ASUS tech support to find out what the heck the temperature range is supposed to be, so i can at least determine if my laptop is actually running too hot or not. ill post as soon as i find something

yeah =/ i am currently in process of contacting ASUS tech support to find out what the heck the temperature range is supposed to be, so i can at least determine if my laptop is actually running too hot or not. ill post as soon as i find something
    BRO, marshall pmed me, he said that it is ok if it is stable and no throttling.. he also said that gpu are meant to get hot and they can handle the heat

ROG Enthusiast Array

BRO, marshall pmed me, he said that it is ok if it is stable and no throttling.. he also said that gpu are meant to get hot and they can handle the heat
    did he now? thanks for letting me know! i guess we have no choice but to stick to it unless the screen starts artefacting or something lol. two years until new thermal paste!

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

If it's >80C in gaming then PM me your serial number and we'll look into whether it's natural GPU manufacturing variation or something else by checking batches of components we use. There's no need to be worried and there's no guaranteed operating temperature; if it's stable then it's fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast