cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro on G73JW-XN1

Retired
Not applicable
Hello all,

I just purchased a new G73JW-XN1 and need to know if I can (without crashes or voiding warranty) install a clean Windows 7 Pro. If so, is there a specific method to follow when installing Windows/drivers. I own a 100% legit copy of Win 7 Pro... I need it for the virtual windows XP thing it offers. Also, I plan on dual booting with Ubuntu.

Any insight is much appreciated! 😄

-Jolladay
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
A method? Windows 7 is pretty good about drivers but if you feel that you may have an issue then you could put the drivers onto a flash drive before you start. I would avoid deleting the hidden partition used for restores if you can. That way if you need to wipe it and put it back to stock you still have the option.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Ah, great-- thanks for the response! I would assume the ASUS website has all the most up to date drivers after I reinstall Win 7 pro

Chastity
Level 10
1) Upgrading the OS does not void warranty.

2) You can either do a fresh OS install, and reinstall your apps, or do an Upgrade Install, and keep your apps. Don't forget to update to Win 7 SP1 RTM to avoid long and stupid Win Updates downloads.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Chastity
Level 10
If you know how to fish for them. I also maintain a sticky with Driver and Application links.

@ Chastity, Hint: the Driver Sweeper link is not working for me

Retired
Not applicable
yeah, just do it

Chastity
Level 10
fixed 🙂