cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Hey Guys,

It's time for me to put on my dunce hat and pray that you can help me. When I did my last rebuild I paid no heed to boxes and serial numbers (Being the tech that I am I figured I had no need for that kind of thing) now I want to register my board but theres just one problem, I threw out the box. Now is there any way to get the serial number off the board itself. I have a Crosshair V Formula and an easily accessable case so please somone help the dunce Tech.

Kind Regards, Martin
14 REPLIES 14

jj1157
Level 7
There should be a white label on the back side of the board with the serial number.

The back side as in the side screwed to my case?

GOR52
Level 10
Silver Wolf wrote:
Hey Guys,...(Being the tech that I am I figured I had no need for that kind of thing)...Kind Regards, Martin

There is a white sticker on the mobo with the serial number and bios version.

chrsplmr
Level 18
On one of the pci-e lanes ...

chrsplmr wrote:
On one of the pci-e lanes ...

So, there is no common place to place that sticker?

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Silver Wolf wrote:
Hey Guys,

I threw out the box. Now is there any way to get the serial number off the board itself.

Silly, silly tech....you should know better than to do that, without at least having written it down first lol 😛

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Silly, silly tech....you should know better than to do that, without at least having written it down first lol 😛

lol damn right I should have XD its only now when I want the serial number I realise 'Oh crap the S/N was on the box XD'

Thanks for all the help guys

Hey, I'm very new to building pcs. What do you need the serial number for? Just wondering.

Thegame032590 wrote:
Hey, I'm very new to building pcs. What do you need the serial number for? Just wondering.

The serial number can be used for many reasons...one of them is on the 1rst post above.