cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 1900x600 Display bad vertical viewing angles?

Zetachaox
Level 7
Hello there, last night i purchased a G75vw from tigerdirect, its the one with the 1600x900 display and the 660m gfx card, i thought it'd be a great deal since the lower screen res would net me better performance while using a cheaper card.

But when i opened the first thing that i noticed was this weird wavy gradation of black in what's supposed to be a plain black screen. I understand brightness and contrast change depending on viewing angle, but sitting right in front of the pc and moving the screen up and down, i can't find an angle that will give me a consistent image , the best i can get is washed out on the bottom, great in the middle, then washed out for a sec before going darker at the top.

This is very frustrating since, even though its one of the budget configs, its still a very expensive product, everything else has been top notch, i love the keyboard and the sturdiness of the product, but the screen is what i'm going to be looking at all the time, I don't care about color gamut, but i want a screen that will give me a consistent image when i'm sitting in front of it, and acceptably dark blacks.

Has anyone else used the 1900x600 display? Most reviews out there talk about the full Hd one, I just want to know if mine is defective, or all the panels are like this. Maybe my expectations are too high?
3 REPLIES 3

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
this cannot be, looks like yours is defective..and true, all the reviews is the full hd version..you should have gotten the full hd version, it is the best for g75vw 🙂

I was wondering if anyone with the 1600x900 display could confirm if theirs works fine, or if i should just return it and get a new one.

Regarding the resolution... i like 1600x900, i've used a 1440x900 monitor for the longest time, so I'm used to 900 vertical pixels.

Liquidus
Level 8
Zetachaox wrote:
Hello there, last night i purchased a G75vw from tigerdirect, its the one with the 1600x900 display and the 660m gfx card, i thought it'd be a great deal since the lower screen res would net me better performance while using a cheaper card.

But when i opened the first thing that i noticed was this weird wavy gradation of black in what's supposed to be a plain black screen. I understand brightness and contrast change depending on viewing angle, but sitting right in front of the pc and moving the screen up and down, i can't find an angle that will give me a consistent image , the best i can get is washed out on the bottom, great in the middle, then washed out for a sec before going darker at the top.

This is very frustrating since, even though its one of the budget configs, its still a very expensive product, everything else has been top notch, i love the keyboard and the sturdiness of the product, but the screen is what i'm going to be looking at all the time, I don't care about color gamut, but i want a screen that will give me a consistent image when i'm sitting in front of it, and acceptably dark blacks.

Has anyone else used the 1900x600 display? Most reviews out there talk about the full Hd one, I just want to know if mine is defective, or all the panels are like this. Maybe my expectations are too high?

Pretty sure your display is defective. I have a 1600 by 900 17.3 inch G73, and it's display is not like that. I'd advise you to get your laptop replaced, and perhaps even opt in for the 1920 by 1080 resolution one. It's actually a huge difference for the better. And if you want better performance in games, just switch to 1280 by 720 for the in-game resolution or something.