cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking a new Gaming Headset...

Baron_Munchause
Level 7
Greetings all. So far my Rog system I built is awesome. Now it is time to get a gaming (MMO) headset and I was surprised on how many brands/models are out there. So to the point..

The Vulcan has caught my eye and I do have a Asus Maximus IV Gene Z Mobo. I notice that there is the jack and the usb headset type connections out there and just would like a little input on what would be the best bang of a headset for the Mobo I have (Money wise about $100-120 ish).

If possible 7.1 would be nice but really nothing under 5.1 I do not wear glasses and I do spend quite a few hrs at a time gaming (raids etc etc). Corded or wireless it can go either way (no animals or kids..well just the wife).
Mobo: Asus Maximus Iv Gene Z
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
GPU: Asus GTX 560ti x2 (SLI)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16g
SSD: Crucial m4 128g
Power: Corsair HX750w
Case: InWin Dragon Slayer
7 REPLIES 7

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Are you looking for a soundcard or a headset? lol

Baron_Munchause
Level 7
Headset with mic.
Mobo: Asus Maximus Iv Gene Z
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
GPU: Asus GTX 560ti x2 (SLI)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16g
SSD: Crucial m4 128g
Power: Corsair HX750w
Case: InWin Dragon Slayer

X-ROG
Level 15
ROG only makes Stereo headsets with focus on large drivers that produce powerful sound, not lots of small drivers to create 5.1/7.1 sorry. The Vulcan ANC also features active noise cancellation and plugs into a standard 3.5mm socket. The new Vulcan Pro is the Vulcan ANC plus a USB dongle that includes an additional amplifier and 7.1 vurtualization. This is available soon.

want the best bang, Try the Astro A40's if you like the best sound for all 3 systems (Xbox PC etc). that's a little over depend if you want the mix amp or not.

Logitech is the way to go if you like wireless with there 930's for only $100 (sale from $150)

or my fav, is the Sennheiser headsets. look for one in your range

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
ROG only makes Stereo headsets with focus on large drivers that produce powerful sound, not lots of small drivers to create 5.1/7.1 sorry. The Vulcan ANC also features active noise cancellation and plugs into a standard 3.5mm socket. The new Vulcan Pro is the Vulcan ANC plus a USB dongle that includes an additional amplifier and 7.1 vurtualization. This is available soon.

Hey Marshall, I am looking to get the new Vulcan or Orion Pro. Will the audio quality be similar in the two or will one or the other have better audio depending on the function? For example, one better for gaming or music.

Thanks in advance.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Hi....I think its worth the money.

Granger
Level 10
Dunno if its in your price range (or if your sound card can handle it) But i just got the Razer Tiamat 7.1 and to be honest, when used in stereo mode, its an ok headset, but using it in gaming or watching films in 5.1 it is really good, you need a 7.1 sound card to use it (I think nearly all of the recent ROG mobos can do this)
It costs $180, but I think its worth the money.