cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Theme and Wallpaper?

Retired
Not applicable
I just did a fresh OS install on a new SSD and did not remember to backup the original ROG theme and wallpaper that came with my laptop.

The theme and wallpaper aren't on the Driver/Utility disk. Anybody know where I can get it back? I really liked the theme and wallpaper, it completed the ROG look.

Edit: Btw, the original wallpaper was grayish and had a jet fighter in the background to the right.

This is what it looks like. Need to find a 1920 x 1080 version.

2 REPLIES 2

Peter_Gallagher
Level 7
Although I could not find the one you were looking for there are some really good ROG related wallpapers at http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/?q=ROG and some other ROG related interface customizations. I use one of these myself as my desktop background.

I by no means make any claims to any of this artwork or condone any copyright or trademark infringment of Asus pr Asus Republic of Gamers property. Just in case someone from the legal department is reading this. 😛

Retired
Not applicable
You can find the wallpaper on the utility cd, you have to manually browse for it and its under the wallpapers folder directly on the cd. As far as the theme, I would like to know the same thing. I liked the way everything was customized for easier reading.

EDIT: I also just found out that if you go to the control panel.
Under "Appearance and personalization", click on change the theme.
Down in the left corner click "Display".
Then change the size to medium, that's what the theme was before.

And now the reading will be just like before.

Go back down to the left and click on "Personalization", then click "Window Color" at the bottom.
Click on the grayish black color and adjust the transparency to what you like. (Note: it will be darker with the original background found on the utility cd)