cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally did a clean install!

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
Level 7
Two questions though.

Every time my computer boots up, Synaptics Fpuip "Click run, cancel" pops up like 4 times...

And in device manager.. I see an exclamation point next to "PCI Simple communications controller".

Also, I my download speed seems to register high on speed test.net but literally every driver I downloaded took forever and seemed to be downloading @ .5mb a second. For reference I have 16 down, 1.82 up.

I appreciate all help!
ASUS g74SX-XT1
14 REPLIES 14

dstrakele
Level 14
Are you certain your G74SX came with a Synaptics touchpad?

I think the "PCI Simple communications controller" is the Intel Management Engine. If so, the driver may be installed from Windows Update. It is unnecessary unless you're a corporate IT guy remotely managing a bunch of computers that includes your G74SX.

If you are downloading drivers from the ASUS FTP site, they are notoriously slow.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Downloading them from the driver page. I've also downloaded nvidia drivers, etc. All the same speed...... I meant to say sentellic. That issues has been resolved. Slow download speeds and the PCI still exist though.
ASUS g74SX-XT1

dstrakele
Level 14
Check my previous post for added information.

What WiFi driver version is currently installed to your laptop?

PCI = chipset the first thing you should install before anything else after a clean install make sure is the newest one by the way.......

slow downloads it could b a lot of things your internet hardware ( router , modem ) / the site you are downloading from / the wireless card you are you r using / your internet provider the best way to find out is to eliminate one by one .......
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB
120GB KINGSTON HYPER X SSD
INTEL CENTRINO ULTIMATE-N 6300

i suggest you get your drivers from here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status= by the way this is the order i Install my drivers after a clean install....

1, chipset
2, Irst
3, Imei
4, Fresco
5, Vga
6, Lan
7, Card reader
8, Wireless
9, Atk
10,Touch
11, Audio
hope it helps.... there is a special way to install the Chipset make sure you follow the directions its after the list of the drivers on that link i left you ....
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB
120GB KINGSTON HYPER X SSD
INTEL CENTRINO ULTIMATE-N 6300

"New Intel Chipset INF Update Utility 9.3.0.1019 (core drivers) - Run in command line with -overall parameter" Can someone explain the -overall thing? I just ran the setup itself..
ASUS g74SX-XT1

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
Level 7
That's where I got the drivers from.. and I installed the chipset first..
ASUS g74SX-XT1

dstrakele
Level 14
The -overall switch forces all of the Intel Chipset drivers to update. It is not needed after a clean Windows install.

Are your USB ports all working currently?

Yes all my USB ports are working.

Why is it every time I hit reply, type a message, hit post reply it tells me "Are you sure you want to leave editor? All changes will be lost.. Such a hassle to even post something.
ASUS g74SX-XT1