Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Is that why you haven't replied to my question about WiFi driver version?
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Enthusiast Array tWiCeAsfLyOhMy's Avatar

Anyway, thanks it was IME. I wasn't sure what that was or how important it was. I thought it pertained to the turbo monitor so I didn't download it. All is well now though, thanks a heap!

The issue occurs via straight connection and wireless. I installed the realtek driver off my asus cd. Everything else via the thread. My Atheros version is the one from the thread.

But again, thank you so very much sir!

ASUS g74SX-XT1

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

The earlier version Atheros drivers had high DPC Latency that slowed many things down, but if Device Manager shows 9.2.1.470, that ain't the problem. There could be other drivers causing DPC Latency, so it's still worthwhile checking by using DPC Latency Checker.

Driver conflict could also slow your downloads. The drivers in Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Access, and Disk Management software are the usual suspects. My G74SX came with a running trial of Trend Micro Antivirus. If yours did, be sure to uninstall it before installing another Antivirus.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 06-10-2012 at 01:33 AM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Enthusiast Array tWiCeAsfLyOhMy's Avatar

DPC latency shows all green. Speed test results in 25ms 16-20mb down/1.8-2mb up. O.O
    ASUS g74SX-XT1

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by tWiCeAsfLyOhMy View Post
    Anyway, thanks it was IME. I wasn't sure what that was or how important it was. I thought it pertained to the turbo monitor so I didn't download it. All is well now though, thanks a heap!

The issue occurs via straight connection and wireless. I installed the realtek driver off my asus cd. Everything else via the thread. My Atheros version is the one from the thread.

But again, thank you so very much sir!

im glad everything is working for you , its weird that it was the imei v 1144 because that gets installed by itself after doing all the windows updates ? o well the good thing is that it is working like it should now ....
    Last edited by gilbert; 06-10-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2