cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair Formula V FX 8350 *Updated*

Saintjon0421
Level 7
Hey guys, I recently started a new build. My last mobo was a 990fxa-ud5 and i kept getting video driver crashes on it. So i decided to build a new rig. This will be an ongoing project as my biohazard specimen transporting job takes up most of my time. So far the specs are....

CPU: AMD FX-8150, stock speeds, im told that there pretty capable of ocing to 4.5 on stock cooler?
MOBO: ASUS Crosshair Formula V
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866 (4x4GB) had to change voltage manually
SSD: Corsair Force GT 120GB
GPU: Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 7950
PSU: Corsair HX850

Extras...

Nzxt Switch 810
Asus Bluray drive
xigmatek 140mm white led fan x 3
nxzt red led 140mm fan x1

going to sleeve psu with paracord and ftw sleeving, water cool the ram, cpu, nb and two graphics cards. but so far everything is pretty much stock

If anyone knows of any stable oc speeds on the stock cooler please feel free to share your wealth of knowledge

I will update as soon as the rest of my parts come in. Rather expensive the watercooling route, but worth every penny after its done =] will also be geting a new desk so i can support triple monitors and new speakers because these antec lansings arent maching my color scheme.
57 REPLIES 57

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
NIce looking setup you're gonna have there!!! though one word of caution, have a look at the white sticker on your mobo(near PCIe lanes)...the last 4 digits on it will tell you what BIOS revision you have, if it is less than 1102, you will need to flash it else you won't be able to run your 8150. if you had a different CPU for that previous build and your BIOS is an old one, use the older CPU first, update your BIOS then put in your 8150 🙂

wolverine7074
Level 9
NIce build. nice and clean
Mobo: Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD FX-8120 8 Core 3.1 GHz
RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 DDR3
VGA: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti X2
Optical: Asus DVD Burner Combo Drive X2
SSD: Corsair Force SATA III 120GB
HDD: Seagate SATA III 1TB Storage
Cooling: Corsair H100 Hydro CPU Cooler
Case: CoolerMaster CM690 II Advanced
PSU: Silencer Mk II 750 W

Zka17
Level 16
Indeed, it's a nice and clean built! I would still think to change the stock cooler if you would like to OC... 🙂

wolverine7074
Level 9
for some reason Im liking the stock cooler on this build but if over clocking is intended I agree
Mobo: Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD FX-8120 8 Core 3.1 GHz
RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 DDR3
VGA: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti X2
Optical: Asus DVD Burner Combo Drive X2
SSD: Corsair Force SATA III 120GB
HDD: Seagate SATA III 1TB Storage
Cooling: Corsair H100 Hydro CPU Cooler
Case: CoolerMaster CM690 II Advanced
PSU: Silencer Mk II 750 W

wolverine7074 wrote:
for some reason Im liking the stock cooler on this build but if over clocking is intended I agree

personally i would replace the stock cooler even if you do not overclock.i would use a better cooler and artic thermal paste.if you run stock with turbo set to on in the bio's you will still turbo up to 4.2ghz.jmo
asus crosshair v ,fx8150 cpu, 16 gb g skill 1600,sapphire radeon 6870 ,mushkin 120 gb enhanced chronos sata III ssd.seagate barracuda 1tb sata 6gb storage drive,asus black blu ray burner,asus 24x dvd burner,cooler master half x blue edition with added 200mm top fan,rosewill 800 watt modular lightining series ps,cooler master hyper 212 evo .artic 5 thermal compound,vantec spectrum fan card with dual 70mm fans,nzxt 2mm led sleeved light kit,win 7 ultimate 64 bit,logitech z623 200 watt speakers

Yes i flased the bios to the latest 1402 or something. Yes i will be water cooling everything as soon as more money is available. i will be overclocking too

Yes the stock cooler doesnt look that bad, but im sure when im finished with the Red Queen, it will look way better
wolverine7074 wrote:

Recently got my desk in as well as my temporary speakers until the astro a50's come out.

Gettin ready to mount my monitors

For the price of 13 dollars, these mounts are EXTREMELY heavy duty. Very very solid

Absolutely love the way it turned out.

nadof1
Level 7
Looks great! what games are you playing and how do they look/perform?

ittle OG

Maximus VI Impact - I7 4770k - GTX 780 DC2OC
Trident X 2400 2x8Gb - Samsung 840 500Gb - CM120 Elite
Corsair Ax860i - H90 2x CF-V14HP