cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW tempreature range

skyrider
Level 8
Hi guys, i just have a simple question

does anyone know what the operating temperature range (GPU and CPU separately, if possible) for the G55VW is, as specified by Asus? i can't seem to find it on the website or in the laptop manual

thanks in advance!
27 REPLIES 27

Liquidus
Level 8
skyrider wrote:
Hi guys, i just have a simple question

does anyone know what the operating temperature range (GPU and CPU separately, if possible) for the G55VW is, as specified by Asus? i can't seem to find it on the website or in the laptop manual

thanks in advance!

Using furmark.. my G55... is going up to 92 C...

Liquidus wrote:

oh wow really? i thought mine might have an issue when the highest temp while running furmark came out to be 80 degrees lol

skyrider wrote:
oh wow really? i thought mine might have an issue when the highest temp while running furmark came out to be 80 degrees lol

mine is 82 c, guess we r normal 🙂

Liquidus wrote:

that is too high for my blood IMHO.......
something is wrong if your are getting temp that high ....
maybe others can give much better advice on this..
mine tops @ arround 70C running prime and that was in an non air conditioned room @ around 30C room temp....

wolfz wrote:
that is too high for my blood IMHO.......
something is wrong if your are getting temp that high ....
maybe others can give much better advice on this..
mine tops @ arround 70C running prime and that was in an non air conditioned room @ around 30C room temp....

Prime and Furmark test two different things. Prime tests the CPU, while Furmark tests the GPU. GPU's are known to get extensively warmer.. but even with that being said, I think mine is getting too hot.

I got 86 c after Furmark......

@wolfz
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16966-Poor-Quality-Control-on-ASUS-product-in-my-case-ASUS-...
Your temperature is after repaste? Can you run furmark to test your gpu temperature?

KuUuUn wrote:
I got 86 c after Furmark......

@wolfz
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16966-Poor-Quality-Control-on-ASUS-product-in-my-case-ASUS-...
Your temperature is after repaste? Can you run furmark to test your gpu temperature?

64C-65C maxed....
Before it can run up to 85C:mad: @ one time.... with additional present of screen artifacts -- green stuffs tearing the whole screen....

now nothing... smooth as silk 😄

wolfz wrote:
64C-65C maxed....
Before it can run up to 85C:mad: @ one time.... with additional present of screen artifacts -- green stuffs tearing the whole screen....

now nothing... smooth as silk 😄

I guess I would repaste a year later as soon as it past the warranty...

KuUuUn wrote:
I guess I would repaste a year later as soon as it past the warranty...

Asus have 2 years of warranty...guess I need to wait for 2 years before I do the repaste