cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAULTAN: Asus TUF ARMORSUIT Z77

paultan
Level 8
:DFinally I had time to create a short and brief worklog for my new case.

It's my first time to build a scratch build case. And I only have 1 week to make the design and 1 week to execute it. It's a big challenge, but I think it is possible.

here are some of the email Asus sent me so you guys would know why, what causes the final look to be the way it is.

Enjoy

Hi Mr. Tan,

We just released a SABERTOOTH Z77 motherboard this month, and is planning for the coming Computex 2012 event (during June 5th ~ 9th at Taiwan, Taipei). We are now looking for a partner to co-work with us to create demo a modding system at our booth. We wonder if you would be interested in join this program? We will share more detail with you if you would like to join us.

Bellow is for your reference for the product:

ASUS site: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/SABERTOOTH_Z77/

TUF product site: http://event.asus.com/2011/mb/TUF/index.htm

Good day.

Dear PaulTan,

Thank you for the patient waiting. Please refer to bellow for this 2012 Computex (Jun5-10) modding project overview.

• Artwork Theme: Military-grade (please avoid blood, violence, or weapon )

• Expected artwork details:

- The main purpose is to promote the new SABERTOOTH Z77 motherboard and its key feature, Thermal Armor. Please allow the motherboard clearly or min 50% can be seen from the chassis.

- The Armor (the black cover) is required to be consider into part of the design, either by painting(2D)/or modding(e.g.:3D deco).

- Try to use the suggested device or please discuss with us if any alternative device you prefer (the list will be update by 4/23.

- We don’t have specific exhibition floor plan at the moment, so no specific size and weight, but it has to be not too difficult for shipping.

• Project check point : (please help provide the photo preview)

- If possible, please help provide your representative work preview, or photos, which can be reference of what technic you may use on this project by 4/25.

- Please provide 1~2 concept proposal(free hand sketch is acceptable), and material/modding reference(recommaned) by 4/27.

- Due to the system check is required before the Computex, please help have the final work arrive ASUS HQ on 5/25.

• Hardware support: Due to the short project lead time, please let us know soon, either you prefer local buy the selected device and send us the receipt;

or We can send you the device by express from our HQ next week?

Please feel free to let us know if any information you need. More project detail will be provided to you, after accepting our project.

as you can see, that is the reason why this build has no dedicated GPU on it. The goal is for display purposes not for benchmark or performance demo. But after they use this and send it back to me. I'll mod it and attach a dedicated gpu for it.

so the designing process starts here

this design took me 1 day to create a sketch. But it took me 1 week to finish the actual design of the details and measurements.

Now how I made it possible?

I have to wait for the actual parts to arrive before I was able to make the actual measurements for the case.

The first thing to arrive was the Motherboard w/CPU

60 REPLIES 60

paultan
Level 8

So I started with the cover for the motherboard.

paultan
Level 8

paultan
Level 8

paultan
Level 8
Now that the the PSU Corsair TX850M and Corsair H100 arrived. I continued the measurement once again.

here, I started making the base for the case.

and anotrher package came in from Asus

paultan
Level 8
Oh I really love this Fans from Corsair!

really perfect for the theme!

Thanks Corsair!!!

For this project I went to use the Aluminums, so that the case will be lighter.

So after finishing all the measurements and design, I went to the waterjet machine to have it process. 🙂

I used a 1mm sheet for the entire case, 6mm for the holder of the H100 Radiator and 15mm for the sides.

For this project I went to use the Aluminums, so that the case will be lighter.

So after finishing all the measurements and design, I went to the waterjet machine to have it process. 🙂

I used a 1mm sheet for the entire case, 6mm for the holder of the H100 Radiator and 15mm for the sides.

paultan
Level 8
Now for the Initial modding for Corsair H100