cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I'm new here and need help deciding where to buy the G75vw.

ychen
Level 7
Hi everyone! I'm planning on buying a G75 but i'm not sure if I should buy from GenTechPC or TigerDirect. I've already set my sights on the G75VW-TS72 on TigerDirect but I found a similar one(G75VW-RS72) on GenTechPC that I can customize and come out to be slightly cheaper than the TigerDirect one with the same specs. And I'm going into college at the end of this year so should I get the Asus ROG backpack for the laptop? Also, does the wifi card matter too much?
1 REPLY 1

Cecil_2099
Level 11
Check reviews for both retailers. Also double-check the return policies, and if you can, use a credit card to purchase your system. You won't be able to take advantage of GenTechPC's "cash discount" but you'll give yourself maximum consumer protections should you have problems with the system and you need to return it and the retailer quotes you some outrageous return charge or something (e.g. AmazingFactory's purchase debacle). Using a credit card gives you the option to reverse a charge if the retailer doesn't work with you on the return etc.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55