cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Control Panel best settings for gaming performance...

gilbert
Level 10
Hey guys i been looking around and there is a couple of videos on how to set up for best performance on the nvidia control panel but some say one thing others say the opposite so need lees to say it is very confusing , do any of you guys have change the options or are you guys using the default settings ?
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB
120GB KINGSTON HYPER X SSD
INTEL CENTRINO ULTIMATE-N 6300
5 REPLIES 5

PILGRIM
Level 11
Not much of a gamer, nVidia Control Panel is at default settings, but games still run satisfactorily.
By the way, except for the 3D settings, there isn't any game options in the nVidia Control Panel, is there?..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Gorman
Level 12
Most applications will override the nvidia control panel, I honestly don't know why they even bother.

I have everything set to "let the application choose", just to be sure.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Tweak away and find out! The NVIDIA control panel allows you to change a bunch of default settings, which is helpful if the game you are playing doesn't support something, say antialiasing, since you can create a custom profile that forces that game to antialias in the NVIDIA driver. It also allows you to set some driver-level parameters surrounding things like multi-threaded rendering. I would leave the driver settings alone, since they are set up well out of the box. The NVIDIA Control Panel is meant for configuring driver-level changes, like different resolutions, not improving game performance--though it can do that too.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
Tweak away and find out! The NVIDIA control panel allows you to change a bunch of default settings, which is helpful if the game you are playing doesn't support something, say antialiasing, since you can create a custom profile that forces that game to antialias in the NVIDIA driver. It also allows you to set some driver-level parameters surrounding things like multi-threaded rendering. I would leave the driver settings alone, since they are set up well out of the box. The NVIDIA Control Panel is meant for configuring driver-level changes, like different resolutions, not improving game performance--though it can do that too.

You mean tweaking "Manage 3D settings" in 3D Settings?
If so, could you post your configurations of your "Global Settings"?
How much effect does your tweaking do to games, performance-wise?..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

some of the videos i have seen claim up to 10% improvement on gaming performance after playing around in global settings.
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB
120GB KINGSTON HYPER X SSD
INTEL CENTRINO ULTIMATE-N 6300