cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio update: sub woofer volume levels looks fixed with via audio 10500B

john_from_ohio
Level 11
I am guessing that the file I found ( via_audio_10500B.zip ... google for it ) is a beta that will be released officially pretty soon so you may want to want until out officially from asus support site.

After installing it and restarting I see this in device manager for the Via High Definition Audio

Driver version: 6.0.1.10500
Driver date: 5/4/2012
Driver Provider: Via TEchnologies Inc

Now this time around the Via HD Audio Deck works ... I can play something in Itunes and use either the windows volume control and/or Via HD Audio Deck to change the sound level ... and guess what ... the sub woofer volume adjust down up automagically!

I have not done much testing and to be sure we need to make sure that none of the weird things with headphones triggers strange behavior ... but it looks like we are either fixed or getting much closer.

Thanks asus and via ... and thanks to the guys posting here who were hinting that a fix was in the works.

I think the status at the moment is still "not quite officially released" ...
44 REPLIES 44

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
hip hip horrey

Arvinaaaaa wrote:
hip hip horrey

*hip hip hooray

Liquidus wrote:
*hip hip hooray

oh sorry for spelling mistake..hey, how is you gpu temp in your g55/75(i dont know what model you got)? what is the highest temp using furmark?

Arvinaaaaa wrote:
oh sorry for spelling mistake..hey, how is you gpu temp in your g55/75(i dont know what model you got)? what is the highest temp using furmark?

G55, Around 90-95 max.

Liquidus wrote:
G55, Around 90-95 max.

Ok,thanks for info bro

Well that s pretty strange .
Most drivers ( v0002 and v0004) are like 127 MB .
this one is just 50 MB

I've downloaded the last version yesterday , the : VIA HD Audio driver 6.0.01.10500b ( marked as a may update ) from some websites ( like this one http://www.driversdown.com/drivers/VIA-HD-Audio-driver_103844.shtml ) 127MB , and i've noticed no change.

So today i discover that there is an other version , same number version tough , for only 50MB ?

i ll try it out tonight . But it is working or no ? i see some ppl saying that it worked by chance

che0po wrote:
Well that s pretty strange .
Most drivers ( v0002 and v0004) are like 127 MB .
this one is just 50 MB

I've downloaded the last version yesterday , the : VIA HD Audio driver 6.0.01.10500b ( marked as a may update ) from some websites ( like this one http://www.driversdown.com/drivers/VIA-HD-Audio-driver_103844.shtml ) 127MB , and i've noticed no change.

So today i discover that there is an other version , same number version tough , for only 50MB ?

i ll try it out tonight . But it is working or no ? i see some ppl saying that it worked by chance

I am not seeing anything on this site on how to download this driver.

Plus I can not get any sound anymore, if anyone knows something I dont which I am sure ya do let me know.
G75VW-BBK5

eugene.nelson wrote:
I am not seeing anything on this site on how to download this driver.

Plus I can not get any sound anymore, if anyone knows something I dont which I am sure ya do let me know.

bro ,try my step on my last comment..in my g55 too is didnt on automatically after install...once i on it manually, all probs solved and are solved so far until this date

Where can I download the driver ? Thanks guys