cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built In Web-Cam

Retired
Not applicable
So i'm wondering if I just happen to have a defective cam, or if this is a common issue and if so, what can be done to fix it.

Had my G73JW-XN1 for less than a week, loving the hell out of it, and while I don't have a huge plan to use the cam, I would like it to work if/when I do.

Out of the box, it got 7-8 fps.

Formatted the drive and reinstalled windows to get rid of the 50 gb of extra crap software that came with the laptop and it got 4-5 fps.

Before you ask, i've done some searching on other asus forums and google, i've tried using the window's default cam driver, i've tried it with and without the asus cam related software and drivers, nothing helps.
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
I had somewhat similar problems but gave up before resolving it.

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1488-Disable-webcam-lowlight-filtering

Retired
Not applicable
Well thank you, it looks to me like the hardware is crap and that is that. Oh well, if I need a web cam i'll get one that isn't used by ASUS and maybe it'll work with no issues. Could just be me being pissy, but just a brief observation of random complaints... Asus uses killer internal components in their computers/laptops... but anything "peripheral" they couldn't give a damn about... touch pad, keyboard, webcam... etc.

Don't get me wrong, i'm loving my G73 to death... but what should have been an A+ purchase, gets a B in my book at best due to petty little issues that I would think... shouldn't be a problem.

Retired
Not applicable
I click on both the one in the quote and my original post. Both work fine.

It's showthread.php?1488 if you want to manually create your own URL.

Retired
Not applicable
JOrge, the link seems to work for me now, (IE 9, windows 7). You can also right click the link - properties - then copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.
IF that fails try this http://www.asusrog.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?114-G-Series-Notebooks/page47&order=desc (Page 47)