cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Windows Experience Index CPU score?

Alekk
Level 7
I was just wondering whether or not this score was correct because I've seen my friends and other people have a way higher CPU score, but with a lower CPU. The Processor i have in my G75vw is Intel i7-3920XM and i am getting a score of 6.3 out of 7.9, is this normal? I was just wondering about this, my other scores are all 7.4 with the exception of the primary hard disk which is at 5.9.

Thanks in advance for any opinions or suggestions that you can offer to this.
9 REPLIES 9

Woots
Level 11
I get a 7.6 on my processor for G75

Did you perhaps underclock your machine while playing around in bios?
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

7.6 here too, try uninstalling/re-installing your intel drivers? im on the i7 3610
G75
-i7-3610QM -16GB DDR3
-256GB Patriot SSD -Nvidia GTX 670M 3GB
-1TB HHD Storage

Liquidus
Level 8
First confirm that it's actually the CPU you think it is by using CPUID or some other software.

Then retake the test.

Still the low score? Retake the test and monitor CPU clocks,
and if something if it is being downclocked, figure out why (could be your powerplan),
and if worst comes second to worst, overclock it and retake the test..

Liquidus wrote:
First confirm that it's actually the CPU you think it is by using CPUID or some other software.

Then retake the test.

Still the low score? Retake the test and monitor CPU clocks,
and if something if it is being downclocked, figure out why (could be your powerplan),
and if worst comes second to worst, overclock it and retake the test..

It almost cannot be the CPU he said, or else Microsoft has some work to do ;). They wrote the Windows Experience Index such that even a 1.6 i7 720QM would score a 7.1. My 2.0 2630QM scores a 7.4. Heck, my virtual machine scores a 6.5 processor (dual-core Win 8 VM on LINUX).
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

I haven't made any changes in bios, and I'm kinda new to this stuff and have no idea how to overclock or how to underclock at all, The first thing i did when i received this laptop was run the windows index and that's what i got and i thought it seemed like a strange score to get with the processor it has

And the cpu is in fact i7 3920XM, I've used CPU-Z

Alekk wrote:
I haven't made any changes in bios, and I'm kinda new to this stuff and have no idea how to overclock or how to underclock at all, The first thing i did when i received this laptop was run the windows index and that's what i got and i thought it seemed like a strange score to get with the processor it has

You are not running the assessment under battery power are you?

What BIOS version are you at? You don't have for some reason hyperthreading switched off in the BIOS do you? Or any strange settings on power management plan for the processor?

my version of bios is 70.24.45.00.07.N55G75, that's what is says for that, and i haven't changed a thing anywhere

Alekk wrote:
my version of bios is 70.24.45.00.07.N55G75, that's what is says for that, and i haven't changed a thing anywhere

i got 7.6 with i7-3610qm....
your i7 3920XM is much much powerful than mine and should easily get a 7.8 or 7.9....
try running the test with ac adapter inform me the results 🙂