cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Error + freeze

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
Level 7
So I have completed my clean windows install.

Unfortunately I've had 2 freezes. Spread out over a week. To give you an idea of how often I use my computer.. Pretty much all day everyday. Temperatures were good, no blue screen. The mouse will spike across the screen prior to the freeze. Only thing I see in event viewer, windows logs, applications.

//./root/CIMV2
SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
0x80041003

General Description: Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Any ideas? Appears to happen randomly.

I've also fallen victim to the occasional display driver not responding and recovering. Once since clean install & a few times prior (4 or 5 )

It's never been consecutive and appears to happen mostly when I am browsing the internet.

Edit: It seems to happen with Windows Search service starting as well. All thought there is no red exclamation point next to the Windows Search like the WMI issue. BF3 seems to induce the issue otherwise intermittently happening on its own.
ASUS g74SX-XT1
4 REPLIES 4

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
Level 7
Okay, after some more digging I stumbled upon this on the MS Forums. Apparently it's pertains to the Windows ISO provided by these forums.

"This originated in the Windows 7 SP1 DVD/ISO creation process. There was an issue in the creation process that caused a WMI registration to remain in the DVD/ISO. Since the registration is designed to work only during the DVD/ISO creation process, it fails to run on a live system and causes these events. These events are not indicative of any issue in the system and can be safely ignored. If however you want to prevent these events from getting generated and want to remove this specific WMI registration manually, please follow the steps mentioned in this article for running the workaround script."

My favorite part of this response is the "can be safely ignored". Obviously not. I have applied the MS Fix it & will let you know if the issue persists. Hopefully not. 🙂

Edit: Pretty sure the intermittent GPU not responding/recovering still exists. I just played an entire round of Gunmode BF3 ( induced it prior to the fix ) and I was able to play it without any freezes. Oh yeah, I won too. 🙂 32-16
ASUS g74SX-XT1

Unfortunately I'm still having issues. Can someone.. please help me? It seems to be a series of repeating events in event viewer with the last thing showing before each shutdown being Windows Search.

The freezes either freeze the current screen or show a grey screen. A loud noise occurs and is steady until I power off. Again.. my temps are all fine.
ASUS g74SX-XT1

These are the only 5 things that consistently happen seconds before the freeze.

Source ENT's

Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 102
Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 300
Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 301
Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 302

Source Search Service
Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0).

In the system side of things..

Source Service Control Manager

Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 7036

Source Windows Media Player network sharing service

Service 'WMPNetworkSvc' started. ID 14204
Media server 'Z*****-PC: Z*****:' was successfully initialized and is sharing media with network media devices. ID 14206

Source Service Control Manager Event ID's 7036

The Network Connections service entered the running state.
Media server 'ZREIGN-PC: ZreiGn:' was successfully initialized and is sharing media with network media devices.
The UPnP Device Host service entered the running state.
The Function Discovery Provider Host service entered the running state.
The Function Discovery Resource Publication service entered the running state.
The HomeGroup Provider service entered the running state.
The HomeGroup Listener service entered the running state.
The Peer Networking Identity Manager service entered the running state.
The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service entered the running state.
The Peer Networking Grouping service entered the running state.

And then crash. All the event IDs from system log happened within one second, while playing Battlefield 3.

In the security tab I see a bunch of Logon, Special logon tasks that occur during the missing seconds in other even logs after the freeze. This seems skeptical to me.

Also, the minidump folder in C:/Windows seemingly doesn't exist.
ASUS g74SX-XT1

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy wrote:
These are the only 5 things that consistently happen seconds before the freeze.

Source ENT's

Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 102
Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 300
Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 301
Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 302

Source Search Service
Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0).

In the system side of things..

Source Service Control Manager

Windows (3756) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0). ID 7036

Source Windows Media Player network sharing service

Service 'WMPNetworkSvc' started. ID 14204
Media server 'Z*****-PC: Z*****:' was successfully initialized and is sharing media with network media devices. ID 14206

Source Service Control Manager Event ID's 7036

The Network Connections service entered the running state.
Media server 'ZREIGN-PC: ZreiGn:' was successfully initialized and is sharing media with network media devices.
The UPnP Device Host service entered the running state.
The Function Discovery Provider Host service entered the running state.
The Function Discovery Resource Publication service entered the running state.
The HomeGroup Provider service entered the running state.
The HomeGroup Listener service entered the running state.
The Peer Networking Identity Manager service entered the running state.
The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service entered the running state.
The Peer Networking Grouping service entered the running state.

And then crash. All the event IDs from system log happened within one second, while playing Battlefield 3.

In the security tab I see a bunch of Logon, Special logon tasks that occur during the missing seconds in other even logs after the freeze. This seems skeptical to me.

Also, the minidump folder in C:/Windows seemingly doesn't exist.

Is there any thing you can do to replicate the problem everytime? One thing you might want to try and do is set msconfig to boot up into diagnostic mode since it looks like there are services crashing.

Also, a minidump folder will not be created unless you get a valid bsod or error that creates a minidump.