cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Reboots and Blue Screens G75 BB

neilmanimtim
Level 7
Hello all,
I've been trying to figure out what is causing the random reboots - which leads to windows not finding the hard drive until another restart - and the occasion blue screens. I've updated the BIOS to the latest - 207.
I don't really know where to find the logs for the blue screens and the "missing hard drive" errors I've been getting after a random restart.
Please help!

EDIT: Since my local best buy does not have the g75 in stock, I would rather try to fix it UNLESS it's a hardware
problem/issue.
4 REPLIES 4

Cecil_2099
Level 11
Not sure what might cause that to happen. Maybe a loose connector? You may want to open the bottom panel and re-seat the HDD to see if that helps or even swap drive bays. If it persists, it probably is a hardware issue.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

Okay, I will try that and I'll report back

Okay, I have re-seated the hard drive. After I booted up the machine it took me to the disk checker to check for "consistency",
whatever that means. Hopefully everything will be fine...

Cecil_2099
Level 11
The disk checker is making sure there aren't any corrupted files and/or bad sectors from the last time it randomly restarted. This is normal, it's like if you power down without going through shut-down.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55