cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many speaker does G75vw have?

Like_A_Baws
Level 7
Is the subwoofer at the buttom the only speaker this laptop has? because it seems like its the only place where the sound is emitted.
16 REPLIES 16

Cecil_2099
Level 11
There's three speakers: Left, Right, and Subwoofer. Only the subwoofer is visible from the external.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

Cecil_2099 wrote:
There's three speakers: Left, Right, and Subwoofer. Only the subwoofer is visible from the external.

The one on the left and the one on the right are not visible? How is the sound coming out without any empty spaces?

Like A Baws wrote:
The one on the left and the one on the right are not visible? How is the sound coming out without any empty spaces?

The speakers are under the metal mesh above the keyboard.
Asus G75VW-NS72
Intel Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM + 256G SSD
Nividia Geforce GTX 670M 3G GDDR5
Blu-ray Burner

"Right...very creepy. Forget I asked."
-Alistar DAO

X-ROG
Level 15
Try these:

1) Download the latest official drivers from the product page
2) REMOVE the VIA HD audio deck software and sound drivers first (otherwise the update won't work)
3) Restart the PC
4) Install new drivers
5) Restart to see if this works better.

If not, there's a thread linking to a beta update on here - do points 1-5 again for that one.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Try these:

1) Download the latest official drivers from the product page
2) REMOVE the VIA HD audio deck software and sound drivers first (otherwise the update won't work)
3) Restart the PC
4) Install new drivers
5) Restart to see if this works better.

If not, there's a thread linking to a beta update on here - do points 1-5 again for that one.
are you officially telling us to use the beta as a fix? just wondering.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

romanlopez01 Thanks!
Im kinda a noob at this... Idk wht ppl were telling me to install or delete stuffs..?

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
try restarting twice, one guy here managed to solve the problem with audio in his g55 by restarting twice after installing the 10400 driver

open the sound options (via hd audio deck) and you gonna see 3 bars of volume, one as the left speaker, right speaker and the last one is the subwoofer 😉
G703GI-XS98K

JednaPiroga
Level 7
I can get it going at all, for some reason my left channel is my sub and my right is the top right speaker, the left top speaker doesnt make any sounds at all :S
Asus G75VW-T1019V
CPU Intel Core i7-3610QM
GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M 2GB
RAM 16 GB 1600mhz
HDD SSD Corsair F60 60gb + 750gb HDD 7200rpm
MONITOR 1920x1080 Matte finish
EXTERNAL SOUND CARD Creative Go