Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tweaking 101

Quote Originally Posted by Mack 4033 View Post
    Good post, Now I am a hard core gamer what settings are good for me?
    games I play HL2 Death match,Call of duty?

Thanks,
    Mack 4033

First, are you looking for settings that are balanced, performance focused, or graphically focused?

Secondly, which Call of Duty are you talking about?

ROG Enthusiast Array glenn with 2 n's's Avatar

great post kaboom,
    as a fellow gamer this is legit because you get the main concepts without overkilling what needs to be known =D
    with that said, what are your thoughts on putting together another post or adding to this with the latest effects games have?
    if you are knowledgeable in these here are some examples that id be really appreciative of =D

-difference between direct x 9, 10, 11 (simple breakdown negatives/positives)
    -physx (how it applies to games?, what kind of added stress dos it put on the system?)
    -tessellation (all i know is crysis 2 ran mint with everything on high playing in 3D but batman ac is unplayable with direct x 11 tess and stuff on lol extreme chopping from the press start screen =/)
    -mvss and hbao (i don't know what these are other then they appear in the setting of batman arkham city for direct x 11 features)
    -the new anti-aliasing (fxaa high, medium, low, how dos that apply vs choosing the setting with the multiplier?)
    -distortion (i saw this and i thought of my bass effects pedal lol)
    -ambient occlusion (im guessing this is the in game effect where objects such as windows, ice, water have that crystal see threw effect? i have a feeling im way off though =P)

i know i could search most of these but we all know if its broken down into a persons opinion vs verbatim it tends to be that much easier to understand, specifically from people with likewise interests.
    so if you have some time and have a solid on these it would be sweet if they were added to the post or new post and i for one would be hella grateful!
    †he RoG Hell Spawn | GPU/ 2 x Matrix Platinum 580 GTX in SLI | MoBo/ Maximus IV Extreme-Z | CPU/ i7 2600k (Cooled by Corsair H60) | Case/ SilverStone FT-02 | Memory/ 16GB of Corsair Vengeance | PSU/ SilverStone 1200-G | OS/ Win7Ult | OS SSD's/ 2 x Corsair 60GB Force GT in RAID 0 | Game Storage/ 2 x WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD in RAID 0 | Media Storage/ 2TB WD HDD | Main Storage/ 256GB SSD | Sound Card/ Creative SB X-Fi Ti with Front Drive | Misc/ Sound Activated Lighting | ....well i'll be damned

Quote Originally Posted by Mack 4033 View Post
    Good post, Now I am a hard core gamer what settings are good for me?
    games I play HL2 Death match,Call of duty?

Thanks,
    Mack 4033
    you might wanna correct you pc spec "I5 2600K " its 2500k
    The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory!

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

glenn, if you want more on the Graphics technology check out this link http://www.geeks3d.com/20090815/high...cclusion-hdao/ which goes into HDAO High Definition Ambient Occlusion (DX11) along with links to just about all other things PhysicX, DX11, OpenGL, OpenCL and on and on... Sorry I took so long in bringing this info to you but I've been busy trying to get my system somewhat close to what I want and playing with all my new toys....

ROG Enthusiast Array glenn with 2 n's's Avatar

right on, i will check it out. thanks!
    †he RoG Hell Spawn | GPU/ 2 x Matrix Platinum 580 GTX in SLI | MoBo/ Maximus IV Extreme-Z | CPU/ i7 2600k (Cooled by Corsair H60) | Case/ SilverStone FT-02 | Memory/ 16GB of Corsair Vengeance | PSU/ SilverStone 1200-G | OS/ Win7Ult | OS SSD's/ 2 x Corsair 60GB Force GT in RAID 0 | Game Storage/ 2 x WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD in RAID 0 | Media Storage/ 2TB WD HDD | Main Storage/ 256GB SSD | Sound Card/ Creative SB X-Fi Ti with Front Drive | Misc/ Sound Activated Lighting | ....well i'll be damned

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Techinstein's Avatar

Thanks for all your help, and now I finally and truly understand what all of those settings mean. So I can kick some online butt.

My machine: G75VW-BBK5 with Windows 8 Pro

My YouTube: EpicTechinsteinTime

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Thanks for this Primer, I'm just starting out gaming and this will help get me going
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Member Array

Very helpful, thanx a lot!

ROG Member Array

Thank you Kaboom and everyone else that contributed here. Learning everyday, and I am in the "diaper" stage, hoping to get to kindergarten soon. lol

New ROGer Array edriseer PC Specs
    edriseer PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)custom build pc
    Motherboardcrosshair v formula z
    Processorfx-8350 4.0 ghz
    Memory (part number)(2x4 gb hyper x furry 1600 mhz) (2x8 hyper x beast 2400 mhz ) total 24 GB
    Graphics Card #1evga gtx 970 ftw
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte GTX 650 oc physics plugin
    Storage #1500 gb seagate
    Storage #2120 gb ssd kingstone hyperx
    CPU Coolerthermal take tower fan cooler
    Power Supplyevga 750 bronze
    OS windows 7 ultimate

Thanks so much, this discription helped me alot ive been wondering for a while what v-sync does so as some minor things but thanks for ur discription it made many things more clear for me now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2