cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Look: ASUS MARS III

X-ROG
Level 15
If you were lucky enough to get to the ASUS booth at Computex this year, in the ROG area you’d have find this. It’s another epic: MARS III.

Beyond the fact it’s labelled as having 8GB of GDDR5 memory and two GTX 680 GPUs, the details are not available yet. Furthermore the graphics team strongly express it’s not yet final design, but they still had one running to show off the anticipated performance. Check the pics below for a first look at this next generation beast.

51 REPLIES 51

z0ki
Level 10
Look better than the other 3rd party cards from other companies that look bulky and ugly..

Its just a shame we get a selected few of graphics cards in australia, we dont get a massive range here at all and my guess we wont even get these here, if we do they will jack up the prices beyond your wildest dreams (as they do that also) and most US stores do not even ship to australia..
[NEW RIG] Custom Acrylic Loop / i7 8700K @ 5.3GHz 1.34v / Maximus X Formula / G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 3466Mhz / EVGA 780 Ti Classified's @ 1478mhz SLI / Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU / Samsung 2TB 960 Pro NVME / Corsair 900D / All EKWB

Karmageddon
Level 7
Any word yet on pricing other than "expensive", or when we can pick one up?

My Build

I7 3730k at 4.7 ghz
H100
16gb Corsair Dominator GT RAM at 1866 mhz
2 x Asus GTX DCU2 670's overclocked at 1258 mhz
1 x 1tb Storage Drive
1 x 2 tb Game Drive
1x 60 gb SSD Boot Drive
CoolerMaster HAF X
Kingwin Lazer 1000w

I can be sure to say it will be 800-900+ (USD) considering if the cooler lives up to what they say, plus 8GB or ram, and 2x 680 GPU's on the PCB.. it wont be cheap.. considering you can get a 690 with probably the best cooling on any card to date, which has 2 gpu's and the price is 900+ (depending on region) here in australia is over $1500 a card.
[NEW RIG] Custom Acrylic Loop / i7 8700K @ 5.3GHz 1.34v / Maximus X Formula / G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 3466Mhz / EVGA 780 Ti Classified's @ 1478mhz SLI / Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU / Samsung 2TB 960 Pro NVME / Corsair 900D / All EKWB

z0ki wrote:
I can be sure to say it will be 800-900+ (USD) considering if the cooler lives up to what they say, plus 8GB or ram, and 2x 680 GPU's on the PCB.. it wont be cheap.. considering you can get a 690 with probably the best cooling on any card to date, which has 2 gpu's and the price is 900+ (depending on region) here in australia is over $1500 a card.

At that point it seems like you'd be better off using a US based remailing service. That still has to be cheaper than a $600 mark up.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Karmageddon wrote:
Any word yet on pricing other than "expensive", or when we can pick one up?

'Later this year'. There's no date yet sorry - the sample shown was very early. The design is not even finalized as far as I know.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
'Later this year'. There's no date yet sorry - the sample shown was very early. The design is not even finalized as far as I know.

Alright thanks for the info. I heard mid july which seemed very near to me. If your looking for somewhere to ship those old prototypes that arent finalised, i would be more than willing to take them off your hands 😛 😉

My Build

I7 3730k at 4.7 ghz
H100
16gb Corsair Dominator GT RAM at 1866 mhz
2 x Asus GTX DCU2 670's overclocked at 1258 mhz
1 x 1tb Storage Drive
1 x 2 tb Game Drive
1x 60 gb SSD Boot Drive
CoolerMaster HAF X
Kingwin Lazer 1000w

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
you're a bit slow MarshallR, I alsready did this thread....just without the pretty pictures.

And uhh, price point? in the US i'd say anywhere from 1500+ considering the RAM is double the current 690...but then again,it is limited edition which means most likely even more expensive and yes zOki......if they were released here in Aus, the price would be ridiculous

Doco
Level 9
I personally prefer the look of the mars 2 ( could never afford it nor the mars 3 lol) but It still looks impressive and im sure it will some high benchmark scores - 8gb of gddr5...Ive only got 8gb of ddr3 in my system like XD
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool:

Doco wrote:
I personally prefer the look of the mars 2 ( could never afford it nor the mars 3 lol) but It still looks impressive and im sure it will some high benchmark scores - 8gb of gddr5...Ive only got 8gb of ddr3 in my system like XD

HAHAHA! 🙂 My G53SX lappy has 25% of the VRAM this does...the same amount as my old laptop had system ram...times have changed. Still, glad to know my lappy has more standard RAM than this card: 16 GB of DDR3. @Marshall, when is something like this coming out for the G-series notebooks?!?! lol 😛
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23