Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: No bass?

  1. #1
    Rolfenstein
    Guest

    No bass?

    So I just got my Razer Tiamat 7.1 and there appears to be absolutely no bass. I googled quite alot and according to Razer you have to "configure" the audio device to 7.1 in the sound device tab, but I cant configure the Xonar Phoebus. Dolby doesn't do much to increase bass either. How the hell do I get bass on this sound card :|?

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    76

    go into Dolby and manually adjust the EQ to your taste.

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Reputation
    28
    Posts
    224

    Quote Originally Posted by thegovernment View Post
    go into Dolby and manually adjust the EQ to your taste.

    thegovernment, ha! You beat me to it...now they just need to fix the drivers.
    Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
    Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
    EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
    2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    Asus XONAR Phoebus
    Corsair H100 (p/p)
    Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
    Enermax 1350W PSU
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

  4. #4
    Rolfenstein
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thegovernment View Post
    go into Dolby and manually adjust the EQ to your taste.
    Maybe I should've been more clear. What I meant by "Dolby doesn't do much to increase the bass either" is that EQing has next to no effect, even when pushing the lowest frequencies to max. The meter goes into red but barely any bass response, if any.

  5. #5
    smittie
    Guest
    i had to enable flex bass 11 in the control panel too get any bass with flex bass 11 turned off the bass in useless .The equalizer doesn't do a thing to the bass nothing zilch i have the razor tiamat 7.1 as well.With flex bass 11 on you will defiantly hear it also i would like to see a bass and treble adjustment button in control panel that works in future drivers if that is possible .
    Last edited by smittie; 06-16-2012 at 03:10 PM.

  6. #6
    Rolfenstein
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smittie View Post
    i had to enable flex bass 11 in the control panel too get any bass with flex bass 11 turned off the bass in useless .The equalizer doesn't do a thing to the bass nothing zilch i have the razor tiamat 7.1 as well.With flex bass 11 on you will defiantly hear it also i would like to see a bass and treble adjustment button in control panel that works in future drivers if that is possible .
    Flex bass? Where do you turn that on?

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    hearingsesacken

    you will find it in the phebious control panel double click the tray icon right click on the speakers icon and its the 5 option on the list flex bass 11 .

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    No bass with the Xonar DSX too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfenstein View Post
    So I just got my Razer Tiamat 7.1 and there appears to be absolutely no bass. I googled quite alot and according to Razer you have to "configure" the audio device to 7.1 in the sound device tab, but I cant configure the Xonar Phoebus. Dolby doesn't do much to increase bass either. How the hell do I get bass on this sound card :|?
    I just bought the Razer Tiamat 7.1 and i discovered that i need a 7.1 sound card. So the next day i got an Asus Xonar DSX sound card and i put it in my comp, and plugged all the jacks in. I downloaded the latest drivers and rebooted my comp. So my problem is that my bass or subwoofer isn't working at all. Please help

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    102

    What content are you playing for testing for bass? Mp3 or something with 5.1 or 7.1 channel audio stream? It might be helpful if you can post some screen-capture pictures showing your settings.

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    No bass with the Xonar DSX too?

    Quote Originally Posted by WTC View Post
    What content are you playing for testing for bass? Mp3 or something with 5.1 or 7.1 channel audio stream? It might be helpful if you can post some screen-capture pictures showing your settings.
    I tested it by playing some youtube videos( ones were songs and others were just people talking) and there was no bass. I tried enabling FlexBass but then everything became super like muffled and bassy like (lol) no matter what i set the setting to. Oh and my settings on Main are the following:

    Audio channel
    8 Channels

    Sample rate
    PCM 96 KHz

    Analog out
    7.1 Speakers

    SPDIF Out
    Is disabled

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •