Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No bass?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Flexbass > 80Hz cut-off > small speakers > bass boost less than 5 because higher values destroy the sound.
    Last edited by Glasofruix; 11-17-2012 at 10:46 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I believe you'll need to turn on FlexBass in your case. The audio stream in Youtube video, like MP3, is stereo. The sound will come out of the front 2 channels. I would guess the front channel parts of your headset do not have the ability to output low frequency component in the audio stream. Someone needs to redirect the low frequency part to subwoofer channel, and that someone would be FlexBass. Go to the FlexBass page, enable it, and set all speakers to "small speaker" and try again. You can also try adjusting the cut-off frequency and bass level sliders for the best result. Hope this helps.

New ROGer Array

No bass with the Xonar DSX too? FIXED! :)

Quote Originally Posted by WTC View Post
    I believe you'll need to turn on FlexBass in your case. The audio stream in Youtube video, like MP3, is stereo. The sound will come out of the front 2 channels. I would guess the front channel parts of your headset do not have the ability to output low frequency component in the audio stream. Someone needs to redirect the low frequency part to subwoofer channel, and that someone would be FlexBass. Go to the FlexBass page, enable it, and set all speakers to "small speaker" and try again. You can also try adjusting the cut-off frequency and bass level sliders for the best result. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    Flexbass > 80Hz cut-off > small speakers > bass boost less than 5 because higher values destroy the sound.
    I fiddled a little with the settings and everything seems to be fine now! Thanks for the help !

Glad to hear that it worked. Another thing, you won't need to set output sampling rate to 96K Hz. Since you're turning on FlexBass, it will, like all other DSP effects, down-sample the audio data to 44.1 or 48K Hz, do the process, then up-sample it back to 96K. This means that you won't get better audio quality by setting the sampling rate higher than 44.1 or 48K Hz.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Games and music are at 48KHz max anyways.

New ROGer Array

Sup guys, noob needing help i recently got the Asus Maximus V GENE IZ77 mother board and now i have the razer tiamat 7.1 but i also dont have any bass, i read threw this and i cant find any of these Flex bass settings or anything am i missing drivers or something?

It's not Phoebus. I would guess it has similar functionality but it would not called "Flex Bass".

New ROGer Array

So I have the Xonar DX and the 7.1 Tiamats and I was having the same issue, after hours of mindless button pushing I decided to turn on the FlexBass in the Xonar DX audio center and it works amazingly now. There is kind of a hollow echo-y noise when I'm playing BF3 but I can live with that for now.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfenstein View Post
    So I just got my Razer Tiamat 7.1 and there appears to be absolutely no bass. I googled quite alot and according to Razer you have to "configure" the audio device to 7.1 in the sound device tab, but I cant configure the Xonar Phoebus. Dolby doesn't do much to increase bass either. How the hell do I get bass on this sound card :|?
    Depending on your sound card, I believe it is all located in one general location
    For me I have a Realtek Built in Soundcard and this is how I fixed mine.

Start > Control Panel > Sound > [Right click on the device] -Properties > Go to [Enhancement] tab and turn on Bass Management > Then go to the [Levels] Tab > and there should be an option to play around with they Green, Black, Orange, Grey - In lines. (Note: They are default at 0)

New ROGer Array Silithas PC Specs
    Silithas PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GT70 0NE-270NE
    MotherboardMaximus VI hero
    Processori7-4770k
    Memory (part number)Kingston hyper X
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX Titan X
    Sound CardSupreme FX buildt in
    MonitorPB287Q 4k 1MS
    Storage #12x Samsung 850PRO 120GB raid 0
    Storage #24 hdd's @ 8TB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster H60/W 2x noctua push & pull
    CaseFractal define design R4
    Power SupplyXFX pro black edition 1050w 80+ gold
    Keyboard CM storm quickfire TK MX brown
    Mouse Logitech G9X
    Headset Philips fidelio X2
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Qpad
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X906
    OS Windows 8.1 64bit
    Accessory #1 Audio technica AT2020 USB
    Accessory #2 Oculus rift DK2
    Accessory #3 Nvidia 3dvision, Logitech G27, Xbox one controller, scorpion mouse chord holder

Quote Originally Posted by Voidedicon View Post
    Depending on your sound card, I believe it is all located in one general location
    For me I have a Realtek Built in Soundcard and this is how I fixed mine.

Start > Control Panel > Sound > [Right click on the device] -Properties > Go to [Enhancement] tab and turn on Bass Management > Then go to the [Levels] Tab > and there should be an option to play around with they Green, Black, Orange, Grey - In lines. (Note: They are default at 0)
    I tried that, but i can't get any bass to work on this darn headset no matter what i do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast