cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL PHOEBUS ARE DEFECTIVE !! NEED TO BE SENT ON RMA !! (news from asus support)

Sekin
Level 7
I received a response from the asus support and all the phoebus are defective and need to be sent on RMA !!!

We can try a mass action to get a full refund of this card.

We need to post on all forum that the card is defective and let a bad comment on all webstore.

We need to know if one person can play on a punkbuster game without problem?
15 REPLIES 15

xeromist
Sekin wrote:
I received a response from the asus support and all the phoebus are defective and need to be sent on RMA !!!

I haven't heard of any such recall. Can you post the exact message you received?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Probably BS, sounds very unlikely to me that a card works absolutely fine in most applications with the supplied driver // all application with the windows driver while it's faulty and needs RMA?! Won't take this serious unless you provide the original statement from the support.

xeromist wrote:
I haven't heard of any such recall. Can you post the exact message you received?

+1

This thread definitely got my attention, but a source would be good...like really good.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Retired
Not applicable
Nice try to desactivate my account on this forum !!!! (i am sekin 🙂 )

beautifull asus politic 🙂 mask the truth ...
Don't blame me if the asus support is telling me that we need to send back all the cards...

there is the reply from asus support !! sorry it's in french

Nous vous remercions pour votre e-mail et vous informons que le service après vente des composants Asus se auprès de votre revendeur, nous vous suggérons de prendre contact avec celui-ci pour vous faire le sav de votre carte audio.

Si le revendeur vous crée des soucis, envoyer nous ses coordonnées pour qu'on puisse prendre les dispositions qui s'imposent.

Cordialement.

Abdullaye Drame.

If you need I can post the complete discussion of the email 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
this is my case number at asus support !

Re:RE: problème carte son PHOEBUS ROG !! URGENT [ID=RPTM20120614100720-271]

killaz wrote:
Nice try to desactivate my account on this forum !!!! (i am sekin 🙂 )

beautifull asus politic 🙂 mask the truth ...
Don't blame me if the asus support is telling me that we need to send back all the cards...

there is the reply from asus support !! sorry it's in french

Nous vous remercions pour votre e-mail et vous informons que le service après vente des composants Asus se auprès de votre revendeur, nous vous suggérons de prendre contact avec celui-ci pour vous faire le sav de votre carte audio.

Si le revendeur vous crée des soucis, envoyer nous ses coordonnées pour qu'on puisse prendre les dispositions qui s'imposent.

Cordialement.

Abdullaye Drame.

If you need I can post the complete discussion of the email 🙂

Nobody deactivated your account. The forum has login issues today due to the VIP portal. I have PM'd you a reset password for the Sekin account. There was no conspiracy here to stop you posting, just a forum problem.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Nobody deactivated your account. The forum has login issues today due to the VIP portal. I have PM'd you a reset password for the Sekin account. There was no conspiracy here to stop you posting, just a forum problem.

-Raja

Thank's Raja 🙂
I was affraid that there was a conspiracy against me lol

bad luck that was just in the same time 😛

sorry for my angry messages 🙂

_Deep
Level 7
+1

no issues with other programs..everything works absolutely fine..music..skyrim,modern warfare 3,dirt showdown..max payne 3..mass effect 3,crysis warhead,1,2..fifa 12..i tested them all..blurays also..that you are talking bull**** is proven by the fact that battlefield 3 has no issues on servers without punkbuster..dont cry
Intel Core i7 3770K @4,5Ghz 1,164V cooled by Prolimatech Megahalem with Noiseblocker Multiframes
ASUS R.O.G Maximus IV Extreme Z-68
4x4GB G.SKiLL RipjawsX 1600Mhz
Gainward GeForce 680 GTX OC Phantom
ASUS R.O.G Xonar Phoebus
Corsair AX850 PSU
Edifier S550 5.1 Gaming System
Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Headphone
Samsung SSD 830 Series 128 GB @Windows Enterprise x64
Seagate Barracuda XT 7200.12 2000GB Hard Disc

Sim
Level 7
There are issues with this card as noted in the forum thread 'Problems with new Xonar Phoebus' cant play online games which seem to be using Punk Buster, only works if Asus driver is unistalled and Windows HD driver is used.
Asus has been made aware of this issue and are supposedly working on a fix. There are two issues that people are haveing with ASUS and this card:-
1. with how this is being treated by ASUS i.e no updates made publicaly. There are only two memebrs within these forums that are takeing the brunt and responding of which RAJA has responded in here above. ASUS HQ handeling is piss poor.
2. That a high end sound card that is branded as ROG, and cost highly, that it hasent been tested properly before launch. How a high end product like this has a problem with the biggest and most relevent games is unexcausable, really as this should all have been tested and verified before launch.

I am one of those that is affected with this problem, and have reverted to windows driver to be able to play BF3. I cannot take my card back to were i purchased it from, so im hopeing that there will be a fix to the driver issue, so i can use this card as it should be used, or it will become an expensive door stopper. And for me (my own view) is that ASUS reputation is tarnished, which is a shame as i have been buying their products and especially high end products for 10+ years now.

I hope that they can get this issue resolved soon.