cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The G55V temperature and something blocking the back.

PC_744
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I bought a G55V last week and here are some concerns that I'm having right now.

I took an screenshot for speedfan for my system while idle and while under heavy working so please rate them 🙂

Idle (Nothing running background but system with Aero enabled)

While playing Battlefield 3 with maximum graphics settings for 30 min. (uTorrent was also on the background downloading almost 100GB)

Now please tell what you think about the pictures above. Thanks!

The last thing is this :

I noted that this day, something is blocking the left side, is this normal? or something really bad is going on!. Thanks!
Ahh, how I miss the old days.
9 REPLIES 9

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
normal..it is blocked almost 3 quarters of it because the battery is there..asus did not want to let the heat go to the battery as it would shorten battery life.

Arvinaaaaa wrote:
normal..it is blocked almost 3 quarters of it because the battery is there..asus did not want to let the heat go to the battery as it would shorten battery life.

Thank you so much for your quick respond. I appreciate it.

If someone can rate the temperature, shown on the pictures above would be awesome!.

PC_744 wrote:
Thank you so much for your quick respond. I appreciate it.

If someone can rate the temperature, shown on the pictures above would be awesome!.

my gpu idle is 47c and after playing crysis in maxed settings, max 79c...yours is better.

dstrakele
Level 14
Your temps are fine! No worries.....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Arvinaaaaa wrote:
my gpu idle is 47c and after playing crysis in maxed settings, max 79c...yours is better.

dstrakele wrote:
Your temps are fine! No worries.....

Thank you so much!.
Best regards.

kiba
Level 10
about the "thing blocking the vents" Its actually meant to be there (I know, BS right?), this is because of battery placement. It is the same on my GF's G74. Here is a pic of it...

ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Jsl1ce wrote:
about the "thing blocking the vents" Its actually meant to be there (I know, BS right?), this is because of battery placement. It is the same on my GF's G74. Here is a pic of it...

Haha,indeed!. I'm new to ROG's laptops. In fact, I'm new to Asus's laptops. I always bought Toshiba's laptops and thought about giving Asus a shot (I didn't regret this move but can't deny that I faced some issues with the system at start 🙂 ). The look of something blocking the vents was terrifying. 😉

PC_744 wrote:
Haha,indeed!. I'm new to ROG's laptops. In fact, I'm new to Asus's laptops. I always bought Toshiba's laptops and thought about giving Asus a shot (I didn't regret this move but can't deny that I faced some issues with the system at start 🙂 ). The look of something blocking the vents was terrifying. 😉

same here, i was like... uhh wth is this thing? of course she didnt notice it lol.

Asus is a good company though, they have always done right by me and i would reccomend G series over just about any other gaming laptop (and i have tried a few).
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Jsl1ce wrote:
same here, i was like... uhh wth is this thing? of course she didnt notice it lol.

Asus is a good company though, they have always done right by me and i would reccomend G series over just about any other gaming laptop (and i have tried a few).

Haha.

And Ahh, I hope you are right. I've never had so much problems with a laptop just after buying it. I hope it lasts a year or two. 😞