cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very happy with my new g75

Boston_Mike
Level 7
I just got my new G75VW-RS72 today!!! COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. i7 3610- 16gig Ram-- 120gb Intel 520 SSD --750gb Seagate Momentus XT

I have to admit during the wait till it arrived I kept reading the threads and thinking OMG I hope I did not make a mistake. So far nothing to complain about at all. Excellent quality all the way around!

The only thing I have noticed is that the GPU fan seems to running at an uneeded level especially compared to the CPU side (which is so quiet I thought it was broke at first, till I ran Prime). But it is definately is not loud enough to be annoying just seems to run higher for no reason. Anyone know why that is?

Anyone who is thinking about buying a G75- Do not get put off by these threads. As with most reviews on the internet you always see more complaints than praise. Excellent machine so far.

I will update if something goes wrong, but I would like to know why the GPU fan runs noticeably higher than needed.
20 REPLIES 20

Rookie999
Level 8
I agree with you Mike, I'm really happy with my G75 too. I ordered mine through Amazon, and then found the ROG forum after but prior to my delivery. Some of the posts made me uneasy at first, but after receiving mine and using it for the last week, i can say im really impressed with this machine. It's nice to see some positive posts about the G75. This forum is awesome too!
G75VW-DS72 i7 3610QM 16GB SO-DIMM 750 GB + 256GB SSD Nvidia GTX 670😄

kiba
Level 10
hehe, awesome thread mike, you and I think alike

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?15884-)-a-positive-thread-for-once
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

dstrakele
Level 14
This forum is no place for these kinds of posts. I've requested the moderators delete them immediately...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Woots
Level 11
Boston_Mike wrote:
I just got my new G75VW-RS72 today!!! COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. i7 3610- 16gig Ram-- 120gb Intel 520 SSD --750gb Seagate Momentus XT

I have to admit during the wait till it arrived I kept reading the threads and thinking OMG I hope I did not make a mistake. So far nothing to complain about at all. Excellent quality all the way around!

The only thing I have noticed is that the GPU fan seems to running at an uneeded level especially compared to the CPU side (which is so quiet I thought it was broke at first, till I ran Prime). But it is definately is not loud enough to be annoying just seems to run higher for no reason. Anyone know why that is?

Anyone who is thinking about buying a G75- Do not get put off by these threads. As with most reviews on the internet you always see more complaints than praise. Excellent machine so far.

I will update if something goes wrong, but I would like to know why the GPU fan runs noticeably higher than needed.

I will join this club as well. I have had my g75 for around 2 weeks now and I have been nothing but amazed at the quality and caliber of this machine. For around 1250 bucks + another couple hundred in minor upgrades I am pulling off quality that close to rivals my main custom PC rigs.

Every game I have thrown at so far it runs amazing. BF3, Diablo 3, Crysis 2, Batman Arkham City, Skyrim, Civ 5, Total War Shogun 2, Dirt Showdown, Ridge Racer Unbounded, SWTOR, Saints Row 3rd, Bulletstorm, ...just to name short few.
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

waynes26
Level 7
Dito.

this is a great Laptop, much better than other i have had in the past. We will always have some minor issues, but overall FANTASTIC.
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

eugene_nelson
Level 7
I must say that I have had complaints about the G75 but they are minor ones that were fixed by some good help. The computer is great, I have found out that software that isnt asus's fault is the biggest problem here. I love my G75 even with the quirks that I went through hell to fix. I dont know much about computers so I had a hard time fixing the problems the right way.
G75VW-BBK5

chrsplmr
Level 18
Actual user experience is the very best way to let the truth be known. Many times we only see support issues,
leaving the impression that there is an over all problem with a particular product. This Thread stands as
living proof that this is not the only outcome. Far more are sold than we Ever see.

As to the 'New' among us .. worry not of your present skill level here, you have 'New' friends that
have you covered in volumes .. they love nothing more than to share their skill .. just whistle.

Thank You for taking the time to make these observations. ++ To All.

drakele -- On the ROG as usual good Sir. Salute.c.

john_from_ohio
Level 11
My machine is 5 weeks old now and just a screamer!

I am not a gamer although I do have Crysis on it ... the machine is an absolute beast. Along with the gaming crowd any serious geek will want this machine and maybe even develop some minor muscles hauling it around.

The on board dual hard drive setup combined with still having a DVD drive and easy RAM upgrades and the top CPU and top GPU and top display make this an excellent machine for developers/DBAs etc.

Nice having a fast SSD for bootup and OS stuff and another measly 1 TB in a second drive for data/storage virtual machines whatever floats your boat.

For me the only minor annoyance is/was the audio driver subwoofer thing which for me is almost fixed with 10500B!

Personally I think the best choice ( unless one really needs 3d ... no way for me ) is the best buy model followed by an immediate SSD upgrade and ( maybe ) a RAM upgrade if you really need more than 8 gb. Most people will do the RAM upgrade anyway since it is so inexpensive even if they do not need it.

john_from_ohio wrote:
My machine is 5 weeks old now and just a screamer!

I am not a gamer although I do have Crysis on it ... the machine is an absolute beast. Along with the gaming crowd any serious geek will want this machine and maybe even develop some minor muscles hauling it around.

The on board dual hard drive setup combined with still having a DVD drive and easy RAM upgrades and the top CPU and top GPU and top display make this an excellent machine for developers/DBAs etc.

Nice having a fast SSD for bootup and OS stuff and another measly 1 TB in a second drive for data/storage virtual machines whatever floats your boat.

For me the only minor annoyance is/was the audio driver subwoofer thing which for me is almost fixed with 10500B!

Personally I think the best choice ( unless one really needs 3d ... no way for me ) is the best buy model followed by an immediate SSD upgrade and ( maybe ) a RAM upgrade if you really need more than 8 gb. Most people will do the RAM upgrade anyway since it is so inexpensive even if they do not need it.

Ditto here. My G75 is a month and a half old and I have had no problems out of the box. Build quality for mine is excellent. No fit and finish issues. Only issue for me is the full-range sub-woofer, but that's prevalent on all G75s at this point. Been happy with it ever since and is a HUGE upgrade for me. I couldn't beat the price compared to building my own rig with more or less comparable parts (monitor and peripherals included) after tax and shipping, and I get to take this thing around because its a laptop!
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55