cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your stress-test max GPU & CPU temperatures and fan speeds?

Cecil_2099
Level 11
I've been running Prime95 and FurMark simultaneously for about 20 minutes with HWiNFO64 to do the monitoring and was wondering what other folks have been getting for their temperatures and fan speeds. Post up your build (if it's stock or if you got a thermal compound upgrade), your testing settings, and the max temps.

So here's mine:

G75VW-BBK5 stock thermal compounds; no overclocking of GPU

FurMark setting: 1920x1080 windowed, Anti-aliasing 8X MSAA
Max GPU temp: 70 degrees C
Max GPU fan speed: 3455 RPM

Prime95 stress test
Max CPU temp on any core: 83 degrees C
Max CPU fan speed: 3422 RPM
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55
16 REPLIES 16

john_from_ohio
Level 11
My results on my G75VW BBK5 stock using Intel 520 SSD and 8 gb memory upgrade:

Stock thermal compound no overclocking of anything ... same tests as Cecils ( for 20 minutes both running simultaneously ).

Max CPU temp was 78 C ... Max GPU temp was 73 C and both fan speed max were around 3500 rpm.

John: How long did you have the tests running for (just out of curosity).
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:

Cecil_2099 wrote:
John: How long did you have the tests running for (just out of curosity).

Updated my post ... 20 minutes like your testing.

Regarding Prime95, my G75 runs the 64-bit version of Windows 7 - so am I supposed to download version 27 of Prime95 from here: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/default.php and click on the link for the 64-bit version of Windows 7 under "Setup Instructions for New Users" - Step 2?

Also, could you please post instructions for noobs (like me) to help us download, install, and run Furmark using the proper options & settings?

Thanks in advance?

Cecil_2099
Level 11
Yes, download the 64-bit version of Prime95.

For Furmark, go to: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
Click the orange "Download Furmark" button.
Scroll down and under "FurMark 1.10.1 Download" click the lime-colored download button with the big black arrow.

Install it as any normal program.

When you run it you can just click the "burn-in benchmark 1920x1080 15min button" or you can adjust the settings by changing resolutions, turning on anti-ailiasing, etc. and clicking the "Burn-In test" button. That one will go for as long as you leave it.

I usually have HWiNFO64 running in the background to monitor the CPU & GPU temperatures and their fan speeds.

ValenB5
Level 7
G75VW-DS72 stock thermal compounds; no overclocking of GPU; no changes made to the hardware at all.

FurMark setting: Burn-in Benchmark: 1920x1080 windowed, Anti-aliasing 8X MSAA
Burn-in Score: 1522 points
Max GPU temp: 74 degrees C (in Furmark); 61 degrees C (in HWInfo)
Max GPU fan speed: 3642 RPM in HWInfo; I didn't see a value for this item in Furmark.

Prime95 stress test [Torture Test options set to Blended (tests some of everything, lots of RAM tested)]
Ran test for 30 minutes.
Max CPU temp on any core: 84 degrees C
Max CPU fan speed: 3654 RPM

Question: Does the above data indicate that my G75 is functioning within normal parameters?

Liquidus
Level 8
Anything below 85 C max for both GPU and CPU max on stress tests is within normal parameters. Ideal would be around 70 though.

Liquidus wrote:
Anything below 85 C max for both GPU and CPU max on stress tests is within normal parameters. Ideal would be around 70 though.

What do I need to do in order to achieve that ideal 70 degrees C?

ValenB5 wrote:
What do I need to do in order to achieve that ideal 70 degrees C?

Your max temp of 84C on CPU is a little higher than anything I ever received ... even pushing with prime95 my highest ( brief ) temp was 75 C but it then evened out a little lower.

Wondering if you had something blocking air flow out the back of your unit ... both exhausts will push hot air out the back and if the air cannot go anywhere could get a little warmer.

Normally most of us do not push the CPU workload very aggressively so under normal load temps much cooler than max temps.