cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH - Using both HDMI and VGA outputs and the laptop screen simultaneously

Retired
Not applicable
Hello,

Today I tried to plug in two Samsung 2333 screens into my G73 JH while simultaneously keeping the laptop screen on (so 3 1920x1080 side-by-side), but I ran into problems. Neither Windows 7 (x64), nor the CCC will allow me to have all 3 enabled at the same time.

I did some reading and it appears you need a DisplayPort to be able to drive a third screen, and there's clearly none of those on the laptop. Is there anything else I can do to make this work? Surely with this constraint Asus should have made the built-in screen work via DisplayPort, so both external outputs can also be used simultaneously?

I haven't installed any of the vBios updates on this forum yet (I'll try that tomorrow - for now I'm still running 10.1 off Asus's driver website), but I'm guessing this is a hardware deficiency not a driver problem?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Retired
Not applicable
tlewis wrote:
Surely with this constraint Asus should have made the built-in screen work via DisplayPort, so both external outputs can also be used simultaneously?

Would have been nice, yes. The display adapter supports it but Asus didn't supply the port.

Off topic...They could have easily supplied eSATA as well...