Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: BSoD On G53SX

  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    BSoD On G53SX

    I installed BlueScreenView and opened it, there was a highlighted red part with the address as ntoskrnl.exe
    Googled it but too lazy to understand. Any ideas guys?

    It happened while playing The Secret World.

    It stated that it is caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe and caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
    Address in stack: ntoskrnl.exe+7e769


    Hello guys I just got my 1st BSoD on this laptop, installed BlueScreenView and had these on the file. please help.
    I know its the ntoskrnl, but can you guys provide a more clear or step-by-step idea what to do?

    ==================================================
    Dump File : 061612-16177-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 6/16/2012 6:17:10 AM
    Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug Check Code : 0x0000003b
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`c0000005
    Parameter 2 : fffff800`035bc9bc
    Parameter 3 : fffff880`02ddcec0
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
    File Description : NT Kernel & System
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 6.1.7601.17835 (win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\061612-16177-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 8
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 7601
    Dump File Size : 285,256
    ==================================================
    Last edited by Skye; 06-16-2012 at 09:50 AM.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Reputation
    89
    Posts
    4,437

    A STOP 0X3B typically involves the graphics driver passing bad data to the kernel code. What version video driver are you currently running?
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    latest one from NVIDIA

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Reputation
    89
    Posts
    4,437

    Some ASUS laptop users are reporting problems with that version (See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...+driver+301.42).

    I recommend using Windows System Restore to restore your system back to the time of your last stable video driver version. If that fails, uninstall your current video driver from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program", REBOOT into Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper to remove any NVIDIA driver remnants (if they exist), and use CCleaner to clean up the registry.

    Then boot into Safe Mode and install NVIDIA version 285.62. If this version remains stable, install NVIDIA 295.73 using a clean install (choose "Custom Install and check the "Clean Install" checkbox), also from Safe Mode.

    If 285.62 fails to resolve your BSOD issue, we'll try to see if there is a driver conflict among the programs running on your system.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 06-17-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    Some ASUS laptop users are reporting problems with that version (See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...+driver+301.42).

    I recommend using Windows System Restore to restore your system back to the time of your last stable video driver version. If that fails, uninstall your current video driver from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program", REBOOT into Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper to remove any NVIDIA driver remnants (if they exist), and use CCleaner to clean up the registry.

    Then boot into Safe Mode and install NVIDIA version 285.62. If this version remains stable, install NVIDIA 295.73 using a clean install (choose "Custom Install and check the "Clean Install" checkbox), also from Safe Mode.

    If 285.62 fails to resolve your BSOD issue, we'll try to see if there is a driver conflict among the programs running on your system.
    It hasn't repeated since, hope that it doesn't. Thank you.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
    It hasn't repeated since, hope that it doesn't. Thank you.
    If you want more details on the specific file that's causing the issues, I would download and configure WinDBG or BluescreenView so you can debug the minidump files. You'll get far more data from it that way.

    Or, I can help out and do it for you if you continue to have the issues.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by backdrift View Post
    If you want more details on the specific file that's causing the issues, I would download and configure WinDBG or BluescreenView so you can debug the minidump files. You'll get far more data from it that way.

    Or, I can help out and do it for you if you continue to have the issues.
    This is what BlueScreeView popped out in the notepad file.

    ==================================================
    Dump File : 061612-16177-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 6/16/2012 6:17:10 AM
    Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug Check Code : 0x0000003b
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`c0000005
    Parameter 2 : fffff800`035bc9bc
    Parameter 3 : fffff880`02ddcec0
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
    File Description : NT Kernel & System
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 6.1.7601.17835 (win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\061612-16177-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 8
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 7601
    Dump File Size : 285,256
    ==================================================

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    My bad! I must have some how read right over the Bluescreen view details.

    ntoskrnl.exe BSODs are typically very general. Bluescreen VIew is good, but imho Windbg is far better at giving you more specific results. Although it could just read another ntoskrnl.exe error.

    The address 7e769 & 7f1c0 for the driver I believe is a memory error. Are you running all slots full of RAM? Maybe try running Memtest and seeing if you can pick up any CRCs. Also, if you are running in only 2 slots, maybe try switching the RAM to the other 2 slots.

    Another option is to try and repeat the error as much as possible and rule out a potentially bad RAM slot. Memtest typically won't tell you if the slot is bad unfortunately. So you'll have to trial and error it.

    Other basic options you can try are chkdsk /f /r, sfc /scannow, and maybe a simple defrag. Sometimes preventative maintenance techniques work wonders. Sorry if my answer isn;t more clear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •