cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-NS72 Problem with minecraft

Retired
Not applicable
When I first got the computer, it played minecraft perfectly fine. The next day i installed a few mods and i got random lag spikes. Got a fresh install, ran perfectly. Now this little gem happens. Whenever i play it now (rarely because of this) i get these annoyingly defined lines in block borders, and you can even see slightly through trees, through the cracks. I uninstalled mcaffe for the lag spikes and that did wonders, however, no matter how much i troubleshoot, and uninstall and reinstall java, nothing works. Video card drivers are out of the question. (because there is no update for them). Ideas anyone?
5 REPLIES 5

dstrakele
Level 14
1) Is this Akamai Plug-in installed on your system from downloading drivers from ASUS (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17281-Warning-ASUS-Akamai-Web-Interface-causing-choppy-Audi...

2) If not, it may be a result of something else you installed to your system. Use Windows System Restore to bring your system back and troubleshoot each new update or program installation individually.

3) You could be experiencing a game-specific issue (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17305-Asus-G75VW-BBK5-and-Minecraft). Check on the Minecraft Forum(s) to see if others are reporting this issue with possible resolutions.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I have a G55V

I'm playing the game at this very moment. Well,nothing is "not right". I didn't see cracks on trees or noted lag spikes.

So, I assume the problem you have is from your system. Did you try installing the 64-bit version of Java?. <-- This can be your solution.
Ahh, how I miss the old days.

PC_744 wrote:
Did you try installing the 64-bit version of Java?. <-- This can be your solution.

I remember last year when I was playing this game on my main rig... this solved that issue for me.
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

Sorry guys my original account cant sign in anymore but i've tried both version of java, especially 64bit. I'm not sure why i can't post the png to the forum.

My minecraft runs as normal, its only the graphical errors that annoy me.