cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming toys...

Myranda
Level 7
What gaming peripherals do y'all use?

Mice, keyboards, extra keypad thingies (like the logitech or razer ones, you know what I mean)...

Maybe if we compile a list of what we use, and what we like and dislike about those, then ROG can see what gamers want from Keyboards, Mice and other stuffs... and maybe they'll use some sort of clever electro-mechanical alchemy to make the perfect gaming do-hickeys.

Oh and joysticks too - if more of us had them, maybe people would write more decent flight-sim type games.
47 REPLIES 47

speed
Level 12
All Razer keyboard and mouse.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Razer Mamba mouse here and a Logitech G510 Keyboard. The little LED screen is surprisingly handy.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
There is a thread on this here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3998-Mousepads-mouse-and-keyboards!-Which-one-do-you-use&co......Lots of interesting stuff in there.

Well, that's just typical. I come up with a good idea for a thread, and someone has already beaten me to it!

In that case, a slight re-purposing of the thread... as I'm "between" gaming peripherals (old cherry keyboard finally died, and ms Explorer mouse which I liked a lot finally died too I'll miss that mouse *sniff* the keyboard less so) how about peeps recommend me a new set of stuff to play on? There's very few shops that stock anything of gaming interest locally that I can go play with so internet peeps will have to be my guides

Granger
Level 10
For the keyboard, I've been very happy with my Razer Tarantula that I have been using for a few years now, so the day that I change it, I will probably go for the Black Widow Ultimate Stealth edition.

For my mouse, its a mouse that you will either love or hate, I use a Nova X600 Slider
3200dpi, ceramic feet, 3 profiles, 3 dpi settings (both can be changed on the fly) lights can be personalised. A lot of friends that have tried it find that it slides too fast (because of the ceramic feet)
Other thing they don't like about it is the wire comes from the side of the mouse and not the front like "normal" mice.

Ooh, that X600 thingie has some sort of birth defect! I'm sure it's good, but looks... funny.

Aesthetically I rather like the Cyborg R.A.T. mice (from reviews I've read from owners the first gen ones with the 5600dpi lasers had issues to do with the sensor, but they're adressed on the 6400dpi units, but everywhere seems to be selling the first gen units rather than the second). I also rather like the Cyborg V7 keyboard (would like it more if more of it were black). Logitech's G19 looks rather nice too (but pricey for a keyboard)... razer make some very very nice things... if they did a non-branded version of the starwars keyboard they do I'd like one of those, or the blackwidow...

Oh why oh why can't ROG put thier distinctive aesthetic touches on a mouse and keyboard... love the look of ROG stuff!

DaemonCantor
Level 13
For me I love my Razor DeathAdder Black which they don't sell anymore:( and my next Keyboard when I can afford it will be: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.211324200/categoryId.35156900, Mechanical all the WAY! but I also have and like this: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.221675100/categoryId.35156900, It works great for a lot of games but it really shines in Guild Wars...

Granger
Level 10
I have the old version of your Nostromo (the Belkin n52te, powered by Razer Synapse) I find it great for playing FPS games, much more confortable than using the keyboard.

I want the Black Widow Ultimate Stealth Edition as my next keyboard (when the buggers at Razer bring out an AZERTY version grrrrrrrrr)

Getting the Tiamat 7.1 soon, its in the post 😄 (Megalodon for sale shortly lol)

smokeintheeye
Level 11
RAT 7 M.M.O mouse and G15 key bored plus Philips AMBX light speakers .

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks