cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximux IV Extreme P67 BIOS 3208

mcerutti
Level 7
Hi All,

this is my first post in the forum and I hope that you guys can help me understand what sort of issues I am having.

I recently upgraded my Maximux IV Extreme P67 to the latest and greatest BIOS 3208. I performed the upgrade via the BIOS EZ FLASH faciklity and everything looked good.

I also did the clear CMOS in three ways: via the button, by removing the battery for a minute and also by moving the jumper to 1-2 for approx. 10s.

The main problem is that I now can't seem to get any overclocking working. No matter what settings I try, it looks as if they get totally ignored. This did not use to happen with the old bios version. Even the default overclocking settings at 4.6 don't work (by the way, I have a 2700K CPU)

Additionally I don't even see any error message, however there's something funny going on. Whenever I try to perform any clear CMOS, at the very first boot it complains about "Overclocking failed", it brings me to the BIOS from where then I do not change anything, exit and save. The next boot runs fine but overclocking still gets ignored.

Have you ever seen such behavior? I don't even seem to find a way of downgrading to an older BIOS unfortunately, can anybody shed some light on this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
M
6 REPLIES 6

Doco
Level 9
There's a few threads around with people having trouble, I'd suggest you look around for a few thread son how to roll back to the previous bios. It was recommended before to me that if you've not got any troubles with your bios dont update to the latest version just for the sake of it, good advice I'd say.
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool:

Doco wrote:
There's a few threads around with people having trouble, I'd suggest you look around for a few thread son how to roll back to the previous bios. It was recommended before to me that if you've not got any troubles with your bios dont update to the latest version just for the sake of it, good advice I'd say.

Totally agree with this. Although on that board cant you just switch to your other Bios chip instead of downgrading.

Doco
Level 9
Actually yeh you can forgot about that XD ive never had to use the 2nd bios and forgot it was their *touch wood* lol

-bottom right hand corner, on chapter 2-2 its labelled as number 17
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool:

Guys,

thank you all for your kind suggestions, appreciated.

Eventually I managed to flash back by using the ASUS USB ROG FLASHBACK, it worked like a charm. I rolled back to BIOS 1904 and the overclocking now works again (?_?).

I am not sure if any of you can help me here. I have the same issue with a Maximus IV GEN3 motherboard. It was also upgraded to its latest BIOS (3305).

It now appears that this motherboard neither has a dual flash nor the asus usb rog flashback feature on it. Therefore I'm stuck with this BIOS on this motherboard without having any ability to overclock as it simply gets ignored.

If the overclocking just gets totally ignored (looks as if the multiplier was locked somehow), do you suggest that I should open an RMA for it and get a replacement board?

Is there anyway that I can try to totally reflash it like I did via the ASUS USB ROG FLASHBACK?

Thank you very much for your help.

M

mcerutti wrote:

Is there anyway that I can try to totally reflash it like I did via the ASUS USB ROG FLASHBACK?

M

Maybe i am thinking of the wrong thing here but hows about the ASUS BIOS Updater via DOS, or ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
Also can you not download the firmware rename is to MEIV or some thing pop the firmware on to a FAT16 formatted drive and keep the computer turned off and plug the drive in to the ROG connect slot and press the ROG connect button.

http://youtu.be/De0s6cmfJgI

Skip to 1.10 time
| Asus Maximus IV Extreme | Intel 2600K | Corsair Hydro H100i GTX |
| XFX Radeon R9 290X Black Edition | G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB |
| Corsair Force Series 3 120GB | Corsair Obsidian 800D (6GB/s) |
| Corsair Professional Series AX1200 |

Hello guys...I read through these posts and I find one thing seems to be missing from ALL posts for the issue of not being able to overclock and settings being ignored.

THIS is the instructions for flashing the bios...I think the LAST NOTE is the one being left out.

Maximus IV Extreme BIOS 3208
1.Improve system stability.
2.Improve memory compatibility.
3.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
* Enable support for Intel Next Gen 22nm Processor E1 stepping MP version CPU.

*Please update Bios twice when update from previous Bios version, then need CLRTC.

I find this rather weird but I am currently running the 3208 bios revision and I did just exactly what the instruction says...I used rog connect...flashed bios...then on reboot...entered the bios and flashed the EXACT same 3208 Rom again...ie...flashed the same bios twice to the SAME bios chip.

Then I powered down...cleared CLRTC or cmos...and reset...reentered bios, set my values to what I wanted and rebooted a final time.

ZERO...issues...nada....works perfectly and can use as always.

Something for you guys to try...I own the MIVE or Maximus IV Extreme P67 and 2700K. I imaging the same steps work exactly the same for the Z version as well and may provide the answer to your issue.

Good Luck guys!