Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 driver concern

mdauau
Level 7
HI,

Just purchased the 3d g75.

I had to do a factory recovery.

During the recovery process I noticed that a error notification hat a driver could not be installed. However the system continued to do installation and I never saw anything about it again.

This worried me because I dont want to getting issues with the product outside the return window.

I did reinstallation again and the same the thing happened.

I dont know if the machine tried to install the driver later and did so successfully because the notification pops up so quickly that I was unable to see what the device driver was.

Is there away to look into this further?
10 REPLIES 10

dstrakele
Level 14
Look in Device Manager. Does it show any Unknown Devices or devices with an exclamation point in a yellow circle?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

no it does not. This was actually the first thing I Checked.

However im still concerned.....

Is there a way to check if there was any errors or problems with a recovery process
?

kiba
Level 10
if youre not getting any errors, it might be something that is not actually needed for your specific notebook, hopefully youre alright but let us know if anything happens down the road and well try to help.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

dstrakele
Level 14
Post a screenshot of your completely expanded Device Manager and perhaps a user with the same system can comment on any differences.

Or you can search if the Recovery process left a log file and check it for errors.

Or videotape a new Recovery and examine in slow motion or frame-by-frame for the exact text of the error.

As @Jsl1ce implies, it is likely the Recovery script may have attempted to install a driver for a device not present on your specific model, so the installation failed.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
looks like fine by me 🙂

how do i check log files left by the recovery process?
where do i find them?

Cecil_2099
Level 11
I believe it to be normal. I've seen a quick driver installation error happen during my many factory restores during testing.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

thanks for all the responses.

Anybody have an idea of how to know abit more concretely that there is no issue here?

Does anybody know how to check log files from the recovery?

I have had some bad luck with laptops and dont want it to continue

has anybody else noticed this when they have done a recovery from the recovery partition