Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 580 Platinum/TOP Owners: Try GeForce 304.48 Beta Drivers

X-ROG
Level 15
More Info: http://www.legitreviews.com/news/13429/

Under key fixes:

Fixes an issue where some manufacturer’s factory overclocked cards default to and run at lower clocks.

Download link: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy
8 REPLIES 8

RonanC
Level 10
thanks for posting that marshall, downloading now, will report back

Sputnikmk2
Level 7
Downloaded, installed, GPUz reported full clock speeds that i used with the 296.10 drivers, furmark ran perfectly...
Folding too.
Looks to be fixed 😃
Crosshair V Formula - AMD FX 8150 - NZXT Switch 810 White - Antec Kuhler 920 -
Kingston Hyper X 2x4g@1600 - ASUS GTX580 Matrix Platinum - OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb - Enermax MaxRevo EMR1350EWT

Joni
Level 7
Still not working fully as its supposed. Clocks dont get stuck anymore as it did with previous 300 series drivers, but im still getting only 810MHz clock on load at stock instead of cards stock 816Mhz. GPU tweak etc says 816MHz in core clock adjust but when i launch any game or 3d stress test and monitor gpu clock it wont ever go higher than 810MHz.

RonanC
Level 10
what version of gpu tweak are you using?

have you tried gpu-z and ran a log?

When I get home I will have a look at this, I didnt notice it,

RonanC wrote:
what version of gpu tweak are you using?

have you tried gpu-z and ran a log?

When I get home I will have a look at this, I didnt notice it,

Latest GPU tweak. Latest gpu-z and also AB has same thing. core clock says 816Mhz but monitors says 810MHz gpu, 1645MHz shader

Most funny thing is that if i overclock even 1MHz then clocks jumps straight to 823MHz 🙂

Everything seems to be working fine so far. 3D clock bug seems to be fixed and monitors are showing 816mhz in games as normal for me.

Joni
Level 7
Well need to correct my last post. GPu tweak monitor shows 816MHz, but every other program , gpu-z, AB, HW monitor etc shows that clocks maxes to 810MHz

Sputnikmk2
Level 7
@joni
Hmm i see what you mean, at default GPU tweak displays 816, GPUZ displays 810, set GPU tweak to a value 816-820, clock jumps to 822.
I am running two monitors so the card doesn't down-clock to idle, probably has nothing to do with it.
Not too worried at the moment, just happy that its going
Its still a beta driver after all...
Crosshair V Formula - AMD FX 8150 - NZXT Switch 810 White - Antec Kuhler 920 -
Kingston Hyper X 2x4g@1600 - ASUS GTX580 Matrix Platinum - OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb - Enermax MaxRevo EMR1350EWT