cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen going nuts (GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 in SLI)!?!?

Psychor
Level 7
This has happened twice since building my new machine (see sig. for details). It only occurred while the system is locked and each time the issue goes away once I unlock the computer. My ZR30W is connected via DisplayPort. I have never experienced this or any other artifacting while benchmarks the cards at extreme load or while gaming. I'm using the 301.42 Nvidia drivers on a fresh install of Win7.

Any idea what the hell is going on?

I also took a video: http://youtu.be/ofM_uzXCTGE

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Menthol
Level 14
That is strange, I have 2 of the same cards in sli without issue but I use a dvi-d cable. So all I could suggest is try a dvi-d cable or a different display port cable as it doesn't sound like it's hardware related.

Menthol wrote:
That is strange, I have 2 of the same cards in sli without issue but I use a dvi-d cable. So all I could suggest is try a dvi-d cable or a different display port cable as it doesn't sound like it's hardware related.

Before switching to DP I had used DL-DVI-D and never had issues. I hope it's just the NV drivers that need work, regarding DP support, and not the DP ports on my Asus GTX 680s. :confused:

xeromist
FWIW, I am using DP on an ASUS 670 and have seen zero issues. I realize it's not the same card but they probably use the same ports.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

nadof1
Level 7
last time I saw something like that it turned out to be the T Con board in the back of the panel.
The T Con is a pcb board that controls your panel
Picture problems vary but generaly look like what you have got going on there.

ittle OG

Maximus VI Impact - I7 4770k - GTX 780 DC2OC
Trident X 2400 2x8Gb - Samsung 840 500Gb - CM120 Elite
Corsair Ax860i - H90 2x CF-V14HP

Mason
Level 10
Have you tried using a different DP cable just to be sure it's not a bad cable? Also, you may want to try the new NVIDIA V304.48 drivers and see if you get the same results with them.

thegovernment
Level 7
A corrupted driver will also do what you have on your screen. I've had the same thing happen to me.

Arniebomba
Level 9
Dont lock the computer 😉
Though it sounds like a software problem. Tried reinstalling the driver?