cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure upgrade bios 208 with WinFlash G55VW

blade3655
Level 7
Does anyone have a solution for this ? I read some topic about CrashFree but it seems than I have to do a clear CMOS. I don't know how to do this on a notebook (under guarantee).
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Liquidus
Level 8
Refreshing the CMOS only resets BIOS settings. Since there isn't a BIOS now, that would be pointless. I think the easiest thing you can do now is to get an RMA.

Upgrading the BIOS is always risky, and that risk increases tenfold when on Windows.

For readers: before doing anything that involves MORE than updating drivers, please research and read. Don't be stupid.

kiba
Level 10
always, always, always never flash from windows. use a FAT32 formatted usb disk and flash from bios. your best bet is to RMA, ive never heard of anyone being able to fix this without the right equipment.

next time do some research, this forum is filled with people making threads about the same mistake, 2 on the first page atm.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Thanks for the usuless answers.

I had succes when attempting to update my bios from 206 to 208 on my G55vw. Just make sure you have WinFlash 2.41.1 (latest) and before proceeding --- CHECK THAT YOU HAVE CLOSED ALL PROGRAMS (even hw management apps like VIA HD Audio Deck etc) ! And disable Bluetooth module. And then just update your BIOS and restart your computer. That's all. Everything works *knocks on wood*.

blade3655 wrote:

be nice to your seniors...you r the useless guy who use a winflash to update the bios in the g55..only dumb and useless people does that.., take a look at this forum and at least ask first before updating the bios using winflash..dumbass...never talk rude to your seniors

blade3655 wrote:

be nice to your seniors...you r the useless guy who use a winflash to update the bios in the g55..only dumb and useless people does that.., take a look at this forum and at least ask first before updating the bios using winflash..dumbass...never talk rude to your seniors

blade3655 wrote:

Thread closed and 24 hr ban. Come back when you've learn to respect genuine replies from people trying to help.

waynes26
Level 7
Hi

a quick question, before you go off the deep end.

Is your laptop dead, ie can not get into the BIOS settings

I found this and it may help http://www.mediafire.com/view/?vdg51lpjqcmrjqv
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

Holy
Level 7
yes his Cannot get into bios (there is no bios) and only way to fix it is to rma it or return it and get a new one if he is still in that period.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II