cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooler Lids

kif
Level 7
Hi there guys,

This is my second G75VW, the first one had the same problems as everyone else (audio, video, etc) but the screen was also wrongly assembled.

As I was unboxing the new computer I realised I had a pair of Cooler Lids in a little plastic bag that I did not have in my first G75.
Is this normal?
Do I need to open the computer and place them in?
Did anyone else receive those?

This is what I'm referring to.

Thanks in advance.

Kif
4 REPLIES 4

john_from_ohio
Level 11
The ones included are a set of spare air filters ... for future usage.

Not that anything is likely to happen to the current ones made from ( aluminum I think ) ... but you could use the new ones at some point when swapping out current ones to make it quick ... then clean the original ones that are currently installed ... for the next swap in/out.

john_from_ohio wrote:
The ones included are a set of spare air filters ... for future usage.

Not that anything is likely to happen to the current ones made from ( aluminum I think ) ... but you could use the new ones at some point when swapping out current ones to make it quick ... then clean the original ones that are currently installed ... for the next swap in/out.

I concur... these are spares only. I think it also mentions this in the literature somewhere as I recall.

I opened my G75 for ram and SSD installation and I can personally confirm they already installed in there despight also having a spare set included in the box. (not sure why you get a spare set though, in case you lose them I assume since they are small and portable? They also just sort of sit in those slots loosely when you take off the cover.. it is the sort of thing that might get lost if you open the bottom and are not carful....or like John said... just swap outs perhaps if they get too dirty and you want to do a quick swap.
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

I concur also, I got 2 spares my self.
Asus G75VW-T1019V
CPU Intel Core i7-3610QM
GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M 2GB
RAM 16 GB 1600mhz
HDD SSD Corsair F60 60gb + 750gb HDD 7200rpm
MONITOR 1920x1080 Matte finish
EXTERNAL SOUND CARD Creative Go

kiba
Level 10
spare dust filters.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.