Did you mean: 

has anyone used the thunderbolt port on there G75VW-DS72

ossify
Level 7
has anyone used the thunderbolt port on there G75VW-DS72
2 REPLIES 2

john_from_ohio
Level 11
Story from asus is that "at the moment" there are no real thunderbolt adapters inside the G75VW machines that have shipped.

I have used mine by connecting a mini display adapter to it ... and then an LCD to that ... an apple mini display apapter works just peachy.

Cecil_2099
Level 11
No G75 units have shipped with Thunderbolt. Despite what you see in the videos on the net, in some reviews on the net, and even with that little lightning bolt on the side of your computer above the port, it's not Thunderbolt. There is no Thunderbolt controller on the motherboard, so that port is ONLY a miniDisplay Port. This has been confirmed by ASUS, search these forums for a thread and you'll see confirmation posts from MarshallR@ASUS.

A future model of the G75 will ship with Thunderbolt, but that has yet to be announced.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55