cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
So this morning I found the screen on my Transformer Prime TF201 to be broken (Not going to go into how or why) but is it possible to get the screen replaced on these? Is damage to the screens even covered under warranty? and is it worthwhile replacing the screens or is it likely cheaper to buy a new one?
7 REPLIES 7

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
You're gonna have to send ASUS an email and simply ask and tell them what you did...silly silly you, I read the comment in your other thread 😛

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
I'm not going to bother spent $800 and got a 64gb with the keyboard.

chrsplmr
Level 18
SilverWolf-- How about your thoughts on the Transformer -- a little Mini Review if you would.. any impressions ?

xeromist
Silver Wolf wrote:
So this morning I found the screen on my Transformer Prime TF201 to be broken (Not going to go into how or why) but is it possible to get the screen replaced on these? Is damage to the screens even covered under warranty? and is it worthwhile replacing the screens or is it likely cheaper to buy a new one?

I'm not sure if it's offered on the Transformer but broken screens are covered by Accidental Damage Warranties. These are in addition to the standard warranty.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Chrs Aside from the obvious problem which Asus have created a workaround for being the GPS is terribad at best. It's a great tablet, I had mine for 4 months being one of the first people in Aus to get it after importing it from the states before it was released here. With my new one I had an issue with the wireless but a factory reset resolved that.

Overall I have no complaints about it, once you update to ICS it runs like a dream. You get the occasional crash and sometimes Apps will just be stupid but I don't mind a few issues here and there. My favourite tablet so far and I have tried quite a few.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
But is that dealt with by Asus or my supplier? My Supplier didn't give me any warranty with it. So all I have to fall back on is what warranty Asus will supply.

xeromist
ADW is provided through ASUS if your product has it. I believe it always requires you to return a registration card to activate it so if one didn't come with your transformer then you may not have it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…