cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use usb3.0 port for installing Windows 7 on Asus G75VW?

ForCeV
Level 10
Does anyone have tried to install Windows 7 via USb 3.0 port??

I have G75VW, and I 'd like to install Windows 7 another version, so I put windows7 iso file into usb device as a bootable, but when I tried to boot, the message shows me "Load Driver. A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the Windows installation media is in de CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step."

I have tried install to my desktop which has usb2.0port. and it works just fine, so I installed windows 7.

Is this my G75vw problem?? or usb3.0 port problem...

I need a solution.

PS> I don't like to use DVD, it is too slow... tell me a solution about using usb3.0port to install windows7
1 REPLY 1

electric0ant
Level 7
its not the issue with the usb, its the issue with the paritition table on your hard drive. from the factory its GPT i believe which windows 7 does not understand.
i had the same issue after installing windows 8, windows 7 setup gave me the same error. i had to use a partition ultility to wipe the whole drive first then i could reinstall windows 7.

or you can just use windows 7 anytime upgrade and enter in the serial number for you win7 version and it will upgrade to that without reinstalling.