cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD Display WILL NOT WORK

mrzigz
Level 7
i cant get my lcd to work after i connect it to an external scource, tv , or hdmi moniter , after i disconnect it it is fine then after i shut it down the next day when i turn it on the resolution is on its lowest setting and the only way i get any type of display is if i hook it up VGA, the drivers seem to be uninstalled but when i go to install them they say there not compatible because the drivers are still installed , so they are there but not working , also the asus auto update is consistantly trying to uninstall and then reinstall , the drivers that are already on the computer if i let it go thru this process it just tries to repeat it and doesen't help anything soo im pretty much stuck i still am under warrenty and have not reinstalled windows but i really would not like to haft to go thru eaither A sending it back or B reinstalling and redownloading everything agian so if someone has any type of input i would greatly GREATLY appreaciate it i am extremely frustrated

laptop stats

G53SX
i7-2670qm 2.2ghz
geforece gtx 560m 2gb
8gbddr3
750gb hd
win7 premium 64bit
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
I would uninstall the updater and the video drivers and start from scratch. OR, if this used to work then you could try a system restore. Also, when you get the low res I would look to see if there is any notification in the device manager. It could be that the GPU is malfunctioning and the driver is disabling as a result. I had a similar problem periodically with a desktop part where sometimes the resolution would be very low because Windows had disabled the driver due to a device malfunction.

Also, I'm moving your thread to the notebook area.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…