ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

G55 Temps (new) tested old/new drivers

What are your guys temps after using the Furmark 1080p Burn-In Benchmark?

I posted a couple weeks ago that my G55 was reading temperatures of up to 90 C during a test of furmark.

Since then, I've got it replaced. Now it's getting no higher than mid 70's C!

Here are the furmark results:

old drivers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldDrivers.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	9449

new drivers

Name:	newDrivers.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	223.0 KB 
ID:	9448

As you can see with the old drivers, the max temp was around 74 C (using the 15 minute 1080p burn-in test)
    while with the new ones it using the same test it ended up being 71 C. The difference was probably because of outside factors, but still I'm glad I got my G55 replaced, as my old one was wayyy too hot!

Also, while playing League of Legends on the stock drivers, I noticed GPU throttling . It's on full power mode, and the NVDIA control settings were on full power. Anyone know how to fix this? Note: this was on old drivers, I have yet to test it on the new ones. I'll get around to that later.
    Last edited by Liquidus; 06-23-2012 at 08:55 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

the new drivers are out, or is it still on beta version?..furmark my max temp is 82c fullhd, what do you think bro?

I used the beta version. I'd say 82 C is alright. I'd be worried if it passes the 90C mark, though.

ROG Member Array

Hmmm now I'm debating if I should bring mine back, I ordered it a week ago and when I ran furmark I got max 85 degrees Celsius. I don't really see this temperature as a problem but if it can run that much cooler than why wouldn't I get it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by mandowntheroad View Post
    Hmmm now I'm debating if I should bring mine back, I ordered it a week ago and when I ran furmark I got max 85 degrees Celsius. I don't really see this temperature as a problem but if it can run that much cooler than why wouldn't I get it replaced.
    Honestly, I think 85c is just fine. I wouldn't gamble returning it, since you might get one that is even hotter.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
    Honestly, I think 85c is just fine. I wouldn't gamble returning it, since you might get one that is even hotter.
    ..you got a point there..i wouldnt replace my 82c g55 just to get a 90c and above g55...that would be bad

Here's an overclocked version:

Name:	highlyoc.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	9472