cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 Temps (new) tested old/new drivers

Liquidus
Level 8
What are your guys temps after using the Furmark 1080p Burn-In Benchmark?

I posted a couple weeks ago that my G55 was reading temperatures of up to 90 C during a test of furmark.

Since then, I've got it replaced. Now it's getting no higher than mid 70's C!

Here are the furmark results:

old drivers

new drivers

As you can see with the old drivers, the max temp was around 74 C (using the 15 minute 1080p burn-in test)
while with the new ones it using the same test it ended up being 71 C. The difference was probably because of outside factors, but still I'm glad I got my G55 replaced, as my old one was wayyy too hot!

Also, while playing League of Legends on the stock drivers, I noticed GPU throttling . It's on full power mode, and the NVDIA control settings were on full power. Anyone know how to fix this? Note: this was on old drivers, I have yet to test it on the new ones. I'll get around to that later.
6 REPLIES 6

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
the new drivers are out, or is it still on beta version?..furmark my max temp is 82c fullhd, what do you think bro?

Liquidus
Level 8
I used the beta version. I'd say 82 C is alright. I'd be worried if it passes the 90C mark, though.

Hmmm now I'm debating if I should bring mine back, I ordered it a week ago and when I ran furmark I got max 85 degrees Celsius. I don't really see this temperature as a problem but if it can run that much cooler than why wouldn't I get it replaced.

mandowntheroad wrote:
Hmmm now I'm debating if I should bring mine back, I ordered it a week ago and when I ran furmark I got max 85 degrees Celsius. I don't really see this temperature as a problem but if it can run that much cooler than why wouldn't I get it replaced.

Honestly, I think 85c is just fine. I wouldn't gamble returning it, since you might get one that is even hotter.

Liquidus wrote:
Honestly, I think 85c is just fine. I wouldn't gamble returning it, since you might get one that is even hotter.
..you got a point there..i wouldnt replace my 82c g55 just to get a 90c and above g55...that would be bad

Liquidus
Level 8
Here's an overclocked version: