cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat problem G74sx

Eis
Level 7
After playing 10 minutes, laptop being blowing hot air. after 30 minutes left side of numberpad is being hot.
Is this OK?
7 REPLIES 7

dstrakele
Level 14
How hot is it? Download and run HWINFO64. Post your CPU and GPU temperatures at Idle (no other applications running) and when stressed playing a game.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

When idle CPU- 40c GPU 35c. when playing CPU-51c GPU-55c

dstrakele
Level 14
Those are excellent temperatures. You have no thermal issues...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

HI guys, i have sort of the same issue,

My pc is the same, a g74sx but i got different temperatures,

normal temperatures are 52 for the cpu and 49 for the gpu, after 30 min of gaming i reach 83 for the cpu and 78 for the gpu.

i am kinda of worried, can anyone have any ideas about what to do?

tnx!

Jegga wrote:
HI guys, i have sort of the same issue,

My pc is the same, a g74sx but i got different temperatures,

normal temperatures are 52 for the cpu and 49 for the gpu, after 30 min of gaming i reach 83 for the cpu and 78 for the gpu.

i am kinda of worried, can anyone have any ideas about what to do?

tnx!

Try clean fan sinks with compressed gas but my G74SX has similar temperatures so dont worry. Now in hot summer days my temps are around 80 °C but at night 70-75 °C (while gaming)...
Also depends which game are you playing. For example in Crysis 2 my CPU is around 65 °C while in ArmA II or Bad Company 2 is around 80 °C. I read that dangerous CPU temperature for all G74SX is 105-110 °C and in these temps is laptop automaticaly shutting down to prevent any damage. Dont worry bro.

scuk1nho wrote:
Try clean fan sinks with compressed gas but my G74SX has similar temperatures so dont worry. Now in hot summer days my temps are around 80 °C but at night 70-75 °C (while gaming)...
Also depends which game are you playing. For example in Crysis 2 my CPU is around 65 °C while in ArmA II or Bad Company 2 is around 80 °C. I read that dangerous CPU temperature for all G74SX is 105-110 °C and in these temps is laptop automaticaly shutting down to prevent any damage. Dont worry bro.

tnx m8!

I realy apriciated your reply, have a nice day

imbloodyskintag
Level 8
My CPU Temps floats around 42-55 when just ticking over. Rightnow It states mine was 41 and max was 54. all I have run is system backup.
It is running at 42-44 rightnow, GPU is running at 33-35 rightnow.